King’s Arms Ludham Carvery - Veggie Option?

YnysMon

Has anyone noticed whether the Kings Arms offers a vegetarian alternative to the roast meat in their carvery. We might head toward Ludham Wednesday evening when we are next on the boat, but my husband is vegetarian. Some establishments think it’s fine to just offer vegetarians the accompanying vegetables…and some even charge the same price for that as the full meat option…the ultimate insult to a vegetarian!

So it would be nice to know.

When I last ate their some two years ago (same owners I believe), I was offered both choices, a vegetarian main to accompany a vast range of veg for the same price as the meat carvery or "just" a very large plate of veg for a reduced price. I think it was something like £3 cheaper. The range of veg was extensive an easily made a good meal on its own.

• Like 2

Well, as it happens first time I’ve logged in for a week, and we’re in there now!

so, just asked and they do veggie sausages and nut roast with their Carvery 

Not into Carverys myself but apparently they do 7 meats 9 veg and 4 potatoes, got to say that is impressive!

hope that helps!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tim said:

Not into Carverys myself but apparently they do 7 meats 9 veg and 4 potatoes, got to say that is impressive!

No me either, however I doubt I could manage a meal containing 7 meats, 9 vegetables and 4 potatoes in any case :default_biggrin:

Best just stick to the beer instead :default_norty:

Thanks for the replies guys, it’s now definitely on our list!

It now depends on how long we stay south. Having moved the boat from Brundall to a new (for us) mooring in Horning during our last jaunt on Moonlight Shadow, we can’t wait to go back down south and will be doing so at the first opportunity (Saturday morning 16th). Hoping to get to Norwich, Beccles (possibly Geldeston) and Oulton Broad, maybe even Loddon before returning north. So, a packed schedule!

Good job I read this through before posting. Stupid thing had corrected Norwich to Norway. That would be quite the cruise, and in the wrong direction! 

• Like 1