Haddiscoe Boat Raised

ScrumpyCheddar

1 hour ago, Vaughan said:

At this time of year I don't think you will see it back on hire again until the Spring.

Unless they are a great deal more fully booked than they appear to be at the moment.

She's not going anywhere anytime soon. Not sure if the canopy has been damaged but it's been left open all week. That said a little more water isn't going to hurt. I think the build shed is full at the moment. Not sure if they've launched the new boat yet. I saw them putting another boat in there last week. So no room in there I would imagine.Β 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ScrumpyCheddar said:

Is there any News on the boat is it back in the water or is it having a complete refit…???

My son had booked a Woods boat about 2003 for early September. On the Monday before his holiday was due to start on the following Saturday, he received a phone call to say his boat had been holed and partially sunk over the weekend. It turned out to be at Brundall and Woods didn't think they could recover it and sort it out for the Saturday.

They didn't have many boats not hired out and he didn't want any or the replacements they offered. They agreed to his money back and he told them that if they did manage to repair it he would be happy to accept it as late as Friday afternoon.

They did manage to repatriate it, strip it more or less completely, clean it all out and refit with all new furnishings, beds and a complete new galley. He can't remember which boat it was, but it was one of the large ones. Perhaps they didn't have any boats in build at that timeΒ so could put aΒ lot of their workforce on refitting it.

• Like 3

Pretty scary that as it looked like the cruiser was broken down and was taken in tow by the Police Boat. πŸ˜₯Β 

When I worked out of Yarmouth at least a couple of times a year a Cruiser would happily go cruising past us and we would use our very loud deck PA system to warn them that if they continued in the direction they were going then their next stop would be Holland 😳

In fact if Port Control got a report of a straying cruiser then they would phone us and ask us to warn them. It was sometimes quicker than deploying one of the Pilot Boats if they were somewhere else in the river.

I suppose being hailed by a very loud PA system was often enough to turn them around.