Haddiscoe Boat Raised

ScrumpyCheddar

If you go on FacebookΒ 

Everitt marine services EMS.Β 
Β 

They have all the pictures of the full recovery and pumping out and with the BA..Β 

I did post the pics here but yet again post removed.. obviously broke some t&c or rule or something..Β 

Look on there it shows it all Enjoy πŸ‘

9 minutes ago, ScrumpyCheddar said:

If you go on FacebookΒ 

Everitt marine services EMS.Β 
Β 

They have all the pictures of the full recovery and pumping out and with the BA..Β 

I did post the pics here but yet again post removed.. obviously broke some t&c or rule or something..Β 

I can still see all your pics.Β 

7 minutes ago, ScrumpyCheddar said:

just editing the picture that clearly showed the boat name. (yes I know the pictures are out there elsewhere on the internet, but for the sake of consistency)

I'm not sure if it's just me that feels this way, but again another example of over zealous moderation. Grendal I know the job isn't easy but there was absolutely no reason to doctor thoses pictures. In fact you've made a bit of a hash of it to be perfectly Frank. Why that just couldn't of been left alone is beyond me. Its all getting a bit silly now...

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, andyg said:

I'm not sure if it's just me that feels this way, but again another example of over zealous moderation. Grendal I know the job isn't easy but there was absolutely no reason to doctor thoses pictures. In fact you've made a bit of a hash of it to be perfectly Frank. Why that just couldn't of been left alone is beyond me. Its all getting a bit silly now...

I agree, the identity of the boat has been in the public domain since shortly after the incident. I can't see the point in this (arguably) overzealous moderation as it serves no purpose. The point of moderation is to protect individuals involved and avoid "naming and shaming" etc. As long as something is in the public domain and no one is being named or shamed, then there is no point in removing or doctoring a post.Β 

Yes, those who moderate are always saying they have difficult job - to some extent I agree. However, this is another case of the moderators making a rod for their own back. As the moderation team in a group where I am a moderator say, "Moderators should not become the story".

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

A member of the mod team hid the post for 1 hour to confirm if it breached the ToS.

They are not perfect, but who is.

Given that it is the middle of a working day it can take time to discuss. They don't spend all day watching the forum.

If a member can’t wait, or be bothered to message me or the mod team, then don't start moaning about it on the forum.

The post was reinstated within one hour, sorry for the delay.

Yes, I am getting fed up with the moaning. We do our best to protect members and the forum but do have lives to lead.

Β 

• Like 6

57 minutes ago, ScrumpyCheddar said:

Enjoy what? Other people's misfortunes?

The previous thread was locked and now we can clearly see why. The buzzards are circling around the corpse.

I thoroughly agree with Grendel and the mod team.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

oh dear, here we go againΒ :default_sad:Β please let's not turn this thread into another tit for tat slanging debacle. For some of us that live outside the boating fraternity, this forum is a joy to read and particpate in, if I want to experience tit for tat messages, I'm sure there's somewhere else on the internet (not that I would!).

Chris

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BroadsLady said:

It's brilliant the boat has been recovered, let's hope there's not too much damage and she's up and running soonΒ 

Β 

Agreed, but I fancy Vaughan was right and that is going to spend the winter in the build shed being re fitted. Which in a way could be a good thing as most these boats have the original galleys etc still in place. Good chance to upgrade things.Β 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FlyingFortress said:

Happened around 1230 ish today.

SOB was stopping traffic, including us, so it could get towed by EMS into the Marina.Β 

It was a bit of a "phew" moment for us as at first I thought I would have to follow them down The New Cut.

It had gone when we passed , then we passed you moored at Reedham but didn't see you about. moored at Langley now heading for Norwich tomorrow. might bump into you later in the week. :default_icon_wave:

I agree with the moderators, Why is it so important too know the name of the boat and which yard it’s from?Β 
I personally, was quite happy reading the thread about the unfortunate sinking and the info that all involved were ok, without knowing the boat name or yard.

it’s probably one of a class so what does it matter if it was number 1 or 3.

• Like 3

I must admit it would be nice to know what caused the sinking (Personally that's what I've been hoping to find out) and to know that the BA/EA/Network Rail whoever is responsible have done all they can to find that out and it's safe to navigate down there and marked etc.Β  I'd guess that hull has a very strong layup (Far thicker than modern boats) and I for one wouldn't want to go down there until I know it's safe.

This is what the NBN forum should be useful for (and once was).

• Like 6

Hi All

There is plenty to appreciate from what has happened without bickering.Β 

FIRSTLY OUR EMERGENCY SERVICESΒ 

1 Nobody was hurt

2The boat was designed and built to be strong enough to cope and not break up with the accidental damage that happened to it.

3There are better educated people than ourselves that are able to safely recover the vessel.Β 

4The owners of that vessel realised it was an accident and looked after to the best of their ability all those involved without malice.Β 

5The Authority that brought it to our attention and marked the hazard to avoid any more problems.Β 

So thank you for all the above as it helps Marge and myself enjoy The Broads.Β 

Lastly thank you mods it helps Marge and myself enjoy The Forum.Β 

Kindest Regards Marge and PargeΒ 

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, petersjoy said:

It had gone when we passed , then we passed you moored at Reedham but didn't see you about. moored at Langley now heading for Norwich tomorrow. might bump into you later in the week. :default_icon_wave:

Probably walking the dog, the new hooligan.Β :default_icon_e_surprised:

Or in the pubΒ :default_biggrin:

Heading back to The Bright side tomorrow. Been out a good while now so best check if the house is still standing πŸ™‚

Β 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, JawsOrca said:

I must admit it would be nice to know what caused the sinking (Personally that's what I've been hoping to find out) and to know that the BA/EA/Network Rail whoever is responsible have done all they can to find that out and it's safe to navigate down there and marked etc.Β  I'd guess that hull has a very strong layup (Far thicker than modern boats) and I for one wouldn't want to go down there until I know it's safe.

This is what the NBN forum should be useful for (and once was).

I should think all is OK now as it seems the unfortunate people on board hit the bank, easy thing to do when they are submerged.

Also both myself and Petersjoy have been through there today and mine is still floating.

Hope Petersjoy is OKΒ :default_blink:

• Like 2