Press Button A For Those Of A Certain Age.

ChrisB

On 08/03/2023 at 13:46, webntweb said:

They get around . . . Lemgo in Germany Christmas 2005

1234 Chris Harry Anna Lemgo - note phone box.JPG

Crikey, that brings back memories of when I was stationed in Detmold in the mid 80's! Don't think the phone box was there then though! Lemgo was/is a very picturesque town.

Chris

13 hours ago, CeePee1952 said:

Crikey, that brings back memories of when I was stationed in Detmold in the mid 80's! Don't think the phone box was there then though! Lemgo was/is a very picturesque town.

Chris

You'll probably remember this then . . .

1245 Karl Junker's house Lemgo.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, webntweb said:

You'll probably remember this then . . .

1245 Karl Junker's house Lemgo.JPG

Lol if my memory serves me correctly that's the "Junkerhaus"?? I never went in it but did marvel at the architecture!  I used to have some german friends that lived in Lemgo which is why I know a bit about the town, plus I used to drive through Lemgo to go fishing on the Weser at Vlotho.

8 hours ago, CeePee1952 said:

Lol if my memory serves me correctly that's the "Junkerhaus"?? I never went in it but did marvel at the architecture!  I used to have some german friends that lived in Lemgo which is why I know a bit about the town, plus I used to drive through Lemgo to go fishing on the Weser at Vlotho.

Junkerhaus is correct. We visited Detmold a few times as my wife's brother and his family lived there. Like you he was stationed at Detmold and also up the road (as he put it) at Bielefeld. After his army service he stayed on there working as a civilian for the army, delivering post, etc between bases.

Just one more pic to jog your memory:

1223 Chris Harry Anna Nicolas at Hermanns monument.JPG

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, webntweb said:

Junkerhaus is correct. We visited Detmold a few times as my wife's brother and his family lived there. Like you he was stationed at Detmold and also up the road (as he put it) at Bielefeld. After his army service he stayed on there working as a civilian for the army, delivering post, etc between bases.

Just one more pic to jog your memory:

1223 Chris Harry Anna Nicolas at Hermanns monument.JPG

Ha! Good old Hermannsdenkmal!! Been there a few times! Brilliant views from up there!

Chris

• Like 1