1954….

chrisdobson45

My first holidays were from Martham  boats in I think mid sixties. The one thing that sticks in the memory, the Locks  and Susan  the landlady.Also the coasters going up and down the river.Then next on the river in 1974.Indeed many things have changed,some not.Now I wouldn't  want to live anywhere  else.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

My first holidays were from Martham  boats in I think mid sixties. The one thing that sticks in the memory, the Locks  and Susan  the landlady.Also the coasters going up and down the river.Then next on the river in 1974.Indeed many things have changed,some not.Now I wouldn't  want to live anywhere  else.

Did you say coasters?

IMG_7262.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chrisdobson45 said:

@ Vaughan,

Is the Breydon swing bridge in the background of this photograph?

IMG_7279.jpg

This is what was always known as the Iron Bridge and the photo is looking from the main part of G.Y.Y.S. upstream on the Bure.

This bridge fed the M&GN railway from Yarmouth Beach Station southwards over the Breydon swing bridge, where it joined the line from Yarmouth Southtown Station and went on to Beccles, Lowestoft and then Ipswich.

• Like 4