Scorcher…

chrisdobson45

3 hours ago, Hylander said:

I got mine from laying on those stupid sunbeds as you did in the 70s.  I only used the sun bed 3 times.     My friend who lived on them  unfortunately died of bone cancer in her late 50s.     Why oh why did we do it, you wonder.

Because we were young and didn't listen? It's still happening now with smoking and obesity. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

In my young childhood (mid 50s to early 60s) I would be found in our garden without a stitch on. 

There's a sight I don't relish! Perhaps you were more angelic in those times, MM? :default_biggrin:

Had to have a dose of Efudix cream on one of my ears a few years back, a result of my wing-nut ears catching too many rays in childhood, I'd warrant.

dumbo.thumb.jpg.0074e68038447651e75984bdbf039708.jpg

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, MauriceMynah said:

Has the sun changed since those days?

Yes, due to the thinning of the ozone layer, more of the harmful uv rays get through the atmosphere.
It is repairing now by all accounts after the removal of CFCs from coolant products etc. 

• Like 1

Not worth taking a risk now.Most of us didn't  take the sun seriously in years gone past.I now have to have lots of sun protection. That's what has to be done with Radiotherapy. you tend to burn quickly if there's little protection.Cancer is no joke

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MauriceMynah said:

In my young childhood (mid 50s to early 60s) I would be found in our garden without a stitch on. Throughout that period and into the 70s speedos were the usual beachwear. 

Has the sun changed since those days?

Yes  the sun's rays are hotter and we are fairly sure you can now drop The capital S from  Speedos. :default_biggrin:

Kindest Regards Marge and Parge 

P.S Please cover UP as only Mad Dogs and English men (political correction people) go out in The Mid Day Sun which now seems it's hottest mid afternoon so times are A changing. 

Edited by MargeandParge
Spelling