Day Boats Only

Vaughan

To put it into context from what I have seen,

The lease isup for renewal soon.

The Parish Council want to encourage more boaters to use local businesses.

The BA attended the discussion.

The PC are considering a section of short stay moorings to increase visitor numbers during the day that revert to overnight stays later in the day.

Not quite the same as some of the wild speculation on social media.

• Like 2

Going back to the earlier posts it looks to me like the local authority will take control of the Horning moorings in 2025 and place a daytime time restriction on all boats. A bit like a limited waiting or disc parking with a car on the roads. 

Hopefully this will not happen and the BA will renew the lease with no change to the current conditions. 

2 hours ago, Mouldy said:

In the days when there were far more hire yards, was it not permitted to moor in their yards, as it is now, when in a hire craft?   Could that be a contributory factor in the dearth of available moorings?

Absolutely yes.

We moor, not withstanding having a boat that floats. In Horning in October , November , March etc. Way too many folks with rev itis, turning at that spot to risk our refurbished old/ new lady moving forwards. 

I remember the immense whack granted to Royal Tudor when moored behind us opposite the staithe. Not from the usual suspects but one from PH on that occasion. I actually heard the timbers crack. I nearly dropped the pork loin steaks I had left over and had cooked for breakfast and was in the process of handing them out.. 

more meds required 

2 hours ago, ExSurveyor said:

To put it into context from what I have seen,

The lease isup for renewal soon.

The Parish Council want to encourage more boaters to use local businesses.

The BA attended the discussion.

The PC are considering a section of short stay moorings to increase visitor numbers during the day that revert to overnight stays later in the day.

Not quite the same as some of the wild speculation on social media.

I think our Chairman has this about right.