Booked On Pacific Spirit πŸ˜€

I’m all packed and like a wee boy at Christmas. Set off tomorrow around 1400 Norwich bound 😍

The forecast is promising , but very much, what will be , will be .Β 

I have a question which someone can hopefully help me with, regarding the power boat racing at Oulton Broad. There is a meeting at 1200 on the Sunday , which I might choose to catch .

Is the broad closed to boat traffic during race time , and how long does a meeting normally last ?Β 
Β 

cheers folks , see you soon πŸ€ͺ
Β 

8 hours ago, Wonderwall said:

I have a question which someone can hopefully help me with, regarding the power boat racing at Oulton Broad. There is a meeting at 1200 on the Sunday , which I might choose to catch .

Is the broad closed to boat traffic during race time , and how long does a meeting normally last ?Β 

There is a channel left for navigation across the northern side of the broad, allowing access to the Yacht Station. Β You can book a mooring there with a few available on the pontoon, facing the action, but you would need to be there before the racing starts and couldn’t leave until after it finishes.

During the summer, the racing is usually held in the evenings, with a few exceptions. Β The evening meets start around 18:00 and finish around 21:00 or when darkness falls, but I’ve not been to an afternoon session, so can’t say with certainty, but would guess it’ll last about three hours. Β The lads at the Yacht Station will probably be able to help if you give them a ring.

Have a good trip! Β We are out for a week, but on the northern rivers, so like you, hopeful for the weather to be kind!

• Like 1

The racing normally starts around 12:00 and runs until 16:00hrs on the bank holiday meetings.

I have traveled in and out from my mooring between races, along the northern side of the broad on many occasions. If travelling back onto the broad, I wait in the north bay away from the course until the race finishes and then proceed down the northern side between races. There will be a BA Ranger in the north bay to advise you if you arrive after the racing has started.

unless the rules are different for hire craft, as pointed out before the Harbour Masters office would let you know.

• Like 1

Just found this.....

The Scottish Thistle, a national symbol, is linked to a legend where it saved Scotland from a Norse invasion. A barefoot invader's cry after stepping on the prickly plant alerted the Scots to the attack

I wonder if there are a few of these plants around the Broads. They may alert the bar staff in our Broadland pubs of Neil's invasionΒ Β :default_biggrin:

Hope you are having a wee, cracking time my friend

Grace x

• Haha 1