Booked On Pacific Spirit ๐Ÿ˜€

Well, the excitement is building, the maps have been looked at, the tides checked out, an update on what pubs are still open on the South, my liver has been warned ๐Ÿซฃ.

And Iโ€™ve still got over 5 months to wait ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Ive booked pacific spirit for a week early September, with the fantastic pacific cruisers , who I have hired from 3 timeโ€™s previously. Unusually, itโ€™s just me and my mate, who me and swmbo, took him and his gaffer to the broads a couple of years ago, for their first boating experience. My mate loved it that much, he is prepared to return with just me ๐Ÿ˜Ž, for a week of โ€œ cultureโ€ย 

So, if anybody has hired this boat, or even better has pictures , I would love to hear and see them. Obviously, I have seen the pics online , but Iโ€™m especially keen to see the front of the boat.

Also, as well as liking a nice meal, myself and my mate like a game of darts and pool ( and fishing of course) so if anybody knows pubs which have these activities , please tell. Of course Beccles , Norwich and OB will do , but Iโ€™m not sure about Cantley, Beauchamp, Reedham, Rockland , Somerleyton etc.

So, to help my excitement, add to thread any knowledge you have on my queries.

Also, if anybody is about the South from the 6/9 , for a week, keep me posted . I will let you buy me a beer ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿ˜‰

I will update this as the weeks fly by, thanks in advance for any info ๐Ÿ‘

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I've never hired her but she is a lovely boat, you'll be arguing who has the aft en-suiteย :default_biggrin:

Knowing you it will be beer....fishing.... repeatย :default_beerchug: You have the best time, you deserve it

Grace x

• Love 1

We had a 'Jolly Boys' four days a couple of years ago from Freedom when they were operating, on Absolute Freedom.ย  Rockland was an overnight stop with a lot of darts and drinking - we were treated like locals.ย  In fact the then landlord (now left unfortunately) gave us all one of their beer fest tea shirts.ย  A great night.ย  Lets hope it re opens with a like minded landlordย :default_beerchug::default_smile:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Wonderwall said:

but Iโ€™m especially keen to see the front of the boat.

It's the same colour as the back but pointier.ย  (Does that help?)

Cantley reedcutter has darts and pool as does fishermans at burgh castle,ย  I think the queen's head at burgh castle does too and a cracking Sunday carvery.ย 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Fairly certain that The White Heron at Brundall has pool and darts in their โ€˜sports bar.โ€™ ย If you go there, remember that itโ€™s cashless, so payment by card only.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

It's the same colour as the back but pointier.ย  (Does that help?)

ย 

I don't think it will help Smogs. After a few beers in the pub Neil won't know or care which end of the boat is whichย :default_biggrin:

Grace x

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Happy said:

We had a 'Jolly Boys' four days a couple of years ago from Freedom when they were operating, on Absolute Freedom.ย  Rockland was an overnight stop with a lot of darts and drinking - we were treated like locals.ย  In fact the then landlord (now left unfortunately) gave us all one of their beer fest tea shirts.ย  A great night.ย  Lets hope it re opens with a like minded landlordย :default_beerchug::default_smile:

I have a few great memories at rockland, both the pub and the moorings.

Is the pub definitely reopening? I wasnโ€™t aware it was closed, but not surprised as itโ€™s happening all over, more so on the broads.

About 10 years ago, I played my young lad at pool the whole week, stopping at every available pub, and if they had a table we stayed for a game or two ( and pass over some beer vouchers of course ๐Ÿคญ)

The final score over the 14 days was 34-37 , so as you can see, we found a few tables ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

• Like 1
  • Love 1

40 minutes ago, CambridgeCabby said:

we too would be very interested ย if itโ€™s still open or due to reopen

Dittoย 

We were in a while ago and the landlord was brilliant, far from trying to boot us out early he positively encouraged us to stay, not quite that late but late enough. Green Jack beers were often on tooย :1311_thumbsup_tone2:

11 hours ago, Happy said:

I have a few great memories at rockland, both the pub and the moorings.

Is the pub definitely reopening? I wasnโ€™t aware it was closed, but not surprised as itโ€™s happening all over, more so on the broads.

About 10 years ago, I played my young lad at pool the whole week, stopping at every available pub, and if they had a table we stayed for a game or two ( and pass over some beer vouchers of course ๐Ÿคญ)

The final score over the 14 days was 34-37 , so as you can see, we found a few tables ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

and proof that Iโ€™ve been to the pub at rockland before ๐Ÿ˜†. 2016, I posted it on here . Oh how time flies ๐Ÿซฃ

IMG_0098.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 1