cheap and cheerful fenders wanted

Hi everyone. After noticing someone has traded paint with my boat :/ I'm after a few cheap fenders to tie round the boat to add a little more protection. If anyone has any laying around in the norwich area, I'd be more than happy to come and collect. Thanks in advance Branden

Hi Branden

such a shame before we put lady linda up for sale we had about 10 big fenders going spare which we gave to Andy off Andy & sally horizon 38 moored ar richos if we knew you wanted some we were giving them away as we wanted the boat gone..

Jonny

You require cheap fenders - you can no better than go to Pacermarine. We got all of our fenders from there at 1/3 rd of the price of some chandleries.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/PACERMARINE-BO ... 34.c0.m322

I never cease to be amazed at the vast amount of knowledge we have around the NBN! If you need to know something or find something someone out there will have the answer! And many thanks for that tip, Hylander! :clap:clap:clap

Anyone also interest in replacing their ropes.....

From Rope Services UK (0191 460 6613) site we purchased our ropes 16mm navy blue softline mooring ropes 10 mtrs long soft eye spliced one end . If I told you that the cost 4 of them totalled £70. You would not believe the high quality and delivery was almost immediate. You can chose whatever colour , within reason that you require and if the sizes on the site are not to a persons preference , if you ring them they will make them up to your needs.

Fenders:-

We purchased 2 of the 80 x 20 cm (all of these fenders come with attached rope and are inflated) and 4 packs of 60 x 15cm. Total cost £167.48 from Pacermarine.

No I am not on commission , just like to help people out.

I did get a quote from a chandlery and to say it was nearer the £400 mark on special offer is no exageration.

Hope this all makes sense.

M

We previously used the Plastimo fenders but now use either Hurricane or Anchor as the eye has a hard reinorced plastic ring which stopps the rope tearing the fender..

this would probably not be so much of an issue for a private boat though..

We previously used the Plastimo fenders but now use either Hurricane or Anchor as the eye has a hard reinorced plastic ring which stopps the rope tearing the fender..

this would probably not be so much of an issue for a private boat though..

I can certainly vouch for the strength of the Anchor fenders. I picked one up out of the water last season that had been ripped off a boat. It still had the rope and stainless steel deck fitting (including screws) attached to it :shock: