Cheapest Antifoul in uk and the Woods End refurbished

Guest Snuggtopz

Hi all

I have been pretty quiet for the last few months because there has been a cloud hanging over the future of the chandlers with a new landlord in the Woods End, Bramerton.

Added to that I haven't been on top form and have broke my Achilles tendon Ouch !!

I am happy to announce on NBN Forum that I have been given this year at least, so it really is a case of use it or lose it i'm afraid. This year will determine if Lee the new landlord will want to keep me here or not, any chats with the landlord about wanting to keep me here will help i'm sure :-)

On a lighter note I am trying to plan an open day at the shop with live demonstrations so will keep you informed about that as things develop, I have provisionally book a couple of demonstrators but need to pin down a date that won't clash with other events.

As for the Woods End, it will see a name change I believe, which may not be a bad thing given the past few years and Lee has gutted the pub completely, he is currently rebuilding a new bar, kitchens and also rooms to let. He is spending a fortune refurbishing the pub completely with an opening date of Feb 14th he has his work cut out. He has also planned to put power points on the moorings and possibly water too which can only be a good thing.

At the shop I am continuing the cut price antifoul with Hempel Classic ( Blakes) at £31.99 rrp £37.99. I think you will find this is the cheapest in the UK. I have blue, black and red in limited supplies. I also have Tiger Xtra in stock so be quick, 'When it's gone it's gone '

Regards

Richard

I am happy to announce on NBN Forum that I have been given this year at least, so it really is a case of use it or lose it i'm afraid. This year will determine if Lee the new landlord will want to keep me here or not, any chats with the landlord about wanting to keep me here will help i'm sure :-)

As for the Woods End, it will see a name change I believe, which may not be a bad thing given the past few years and Lee has gutted the pub completely, he is currently rebuilding a new bar, kitchens and also rooms to let. He is spending a fortune refurbishing the pub completely with an opening date of Feb 14th he has his work cut out. He has also planned to put power points on the moorings and possibly water too which can only be a good thing. Regards, Richard

That's two good bits of news, Richard both for you and the pub! :clap:clap:clap

hiya

thank you for your support ,

I did put a hold on new stock etc for this year not knowing the situation and had put lots of effort into possibly becoming an online retailer only as I can compete quite closely with the likes of force 4 and mailspeed on most things.

The good news from Lee means this isn't as urgent now but I am still forging ahead with my online plans..

If anyone would like to view the new site it is on a temporary server right now and 99% ready we are just testing and sorting the post rates etc. DO NOT BUY JUST YET but please do have a look and register if you wish and feedback is greatly appreciated.

http://adamlock.co.uk

Sounds like the plans for the pub will certainly help get people there. It is the only watering hole between the Surlingham Ferry and Norwich, so should be a good place to stop.

I hope the chandlery does keep going Rich. It was certainly looking promising the last time I was down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hi Mark

I do hope he does well but as you know getting the food pricing right is critical on the river, boaters are not mugs

when it comes to paying for food and drink and some pubs have got it wrong in the past, as soon as I get any info

I will pass it on.

Richard.

I look forward to a visit in the woods end, we havn't been in since feeling that customers were an annoyance last season, as said I hope he gets the prices set right and a better menu than Phil had, after all he has the ferry house at surlingham to compete with and we've never left there hungry or dissapointed or feeling less than welcome.(or ushered out the door too early)

How are you for price matching Richard? Unfortunately for you we have one of the best chandleries around on our route to norfolk (L H Jones St.Ives) and they're always good for a deal if you've seen something cheaper elsewhere.

Richard, that's great news for you, will see you again from Easter. We always try to visit even if it's just for the pleasant chat but I always buy some sweets, please stop selling them!

Only problem I can see if the pub goes back to being as good as it was in the 90's mooring will become a problem again.

Paul

Thanks for the update Richard and I hope all goes well for you.

Re the pub, I would echo Trevor’s sentiments. I hope the new owner will recognise that running a pub on the Broads involves seasonal trade and that it will be busy in summer and quieter during the winter. I also hope it will not be subject to erratic opening hours and ejecting customers halfway through the evening. As the pub is (I believe) owned by Wellington there is no tie on the beer and it would also be nice to see something other than the usual Wherry/Adnams combo. A good food offer would help I’m sure which could boost trade in the quieter winter months. Hope it goes well.

cheersbar

How are you for price matching Richard? Unfortunately for you we have one of the best chandleries around on our route to norfolk (L H Jones St.Ives) and they're always good for a deal if you've seen something cheaper elsewhere.

Man thats a minefield, yes I will do deals but.... if it is a comparrison with some internet sites then i'd be selling at a loss and that not going to be good for business as some sites buy goods in from abroard at a quarter the price i can get them for. And when people quote internet pricing they conveniently forget to add the postal charge. But be warned my suppliers all say that internet goods from abroard will not be covered by any UK warranty so if they go wrong its a bin job. If it's a genuine price you've seen come and try me :-)

If for instance it is a larger item I would rather make a small profit than nothing, on smaller items it comes down to is it worth spending an hour sourcing an item worth say £10 so i can make £1 profit ? well not really becasue that £1 would get lost on phone calls and paperwork so i'd be out of pocket.

But look at what i sell already, Kayaks at £269 cheapest in the UK, 3 man canadians £400, Hempel classic antifoul on offer at £31.99 cheapest in the UK, KRU fully auto 175N lifejackets Cheaper than the likes of Mailspeed marine or Force 4 and everyone tells me how much cheaper I am than a certain chandlers at Wroxham so to cut anymore off those prices i'll be out of business very shortly.

Unlike most chandlers I feel my customers have a stake in my sucsess or not, so I have always been very transparent about my margins since opening and i really do want to still be in business next year and the year after, fingers crossed.

Kind Regards

Richard

As long as the pub is better than last year I'll be in for a peruse from time to time while there anyway Richard, if a small amount more expensive I will always go for the small local business anyway as long as you won't be offended by me asking for a deal, I have had a few deals through Jones before that resulted in them getting cheaper suppliers from the research so it's never a bad thing to be told what you are competing with, Mick Jones has also told me to go to the opposition if it would be a loss, I have no issues with that as it's all just business.

Trev I sincerely hope all is sorted and will actually see you out on the river this coming season, preferably at a pub, after all it's your round...... cheersbar