Tolls registration

littlesprite

I decided to register for online payment of my tolls this year and found it quite simple (techno-phobe) to complete the registration, then came the message that I would have to wait for a pin to be posted for activation of the account, so nothing very dramatic so far.

A while latter I logged into my email and had a conformation that the registration was successful and so just had to wait for the activation pin now, so to arrive finally at the point of the story, there was a paragraph on the email "As email is not a 100% secure communications medium" yet on the same email had given me the password that I had to set up when opening the registration.

Is this normal practice? why do they tell me what the password is when I was the one who came up with the password?

Has anyone used this service and did it run smoothly? I am a little worried about giving over payment details when they seem very free to send security details using the "As email is not a 100% secure communications medium"

:norty:

Hello Martin,

After you have got your pin notification and successfully logged in, I would go to your profile on the site and put in a password of your choice.

When you pay online it uses sage verification on the credit/debit card payment, this will require you to put in 3 digits of your credit/debit card password (usually a 8 to 15 digit combinination of letters and numbers) the 3 digits are asked at randum, i.e. 2nd, 5th, 9th etc.

If you do not have a password for this it will ask you to set one up.

Regards

Alan