Beccles Resricted Moorings

Hockham Admiral

Re the Lido,  we have always prepaid at Beccles Harbour as you are supposed to do , and as the sign clearly states.     Personally I think the Lido pontoon should a free 24 hour mooring anyway.     Crumpets it will get soon that all you do down Sarf is pay pay pay.    Unfortunately , that being the case it will not attract hirers.    We need hirers to visit Beccles please.   We have a lovely Town and as I have said before it does not disappoint.,  

M   

• Like 1

Hi M,

I agree you have a great town with some interesting shops and a few supermarkets should anyone need them, it is just a pity that more is not done around the yacht station with regards to additional facilities, there is a cafe but a general shop or a pub  would help.

If you were in need for an item for a boat where would you go in Beccles?

Regards

Alan

Re the Lido,  we have always prepaid at Beccles Harbour as you are supposed to do , and as the sign clearly states.     Personally I think the Lido pontoon should a free 24 hour mooring anyway.     Crumpets it will get soon that all you do down Sarf is pay pay pay.    Unfortunately , that being the case it will not attract hirers.    We need hirers to visit Beccles please.   We have a lovely Town and as I have said before it does not disappoint.,  

M   

That must be a newish notice then. Talking with Mary-Jane and it's actually nearly 2 years since we moored there.

I've never seen that notice, Fred.

Trying to remember but I know it was all a bit strange. I think the notice was just a laminated one on a post or lamp. There were different rates depending on time of stay. I duly went to the baths entrance where the young lady had no idea what I was talking about and sent for someone else who then spent what seemed forever finding a receipt book. Anyway we paid and displayed for a short stay and made our way to Ellingham for the night but as we were stuck between two rather loud boats we decided late on to return to Beccles. Baths closed we just moored up. Next morning we kept on getting the eye  from the the guy mentioned by BuffaloBill but he never approached us. Now Hylander says we should "pay at the harbour as the sign clearly states". I'm confused! Have to agree that Beccles is a really lovely little town and deserves to be more popular.

Fred

Regards items for your boat.

Depends on what you want.   Under the town bridge heading towards the Lido there is an outboard marine place that would deal with smaller items but if you require normal chandlery items there is no such place in Beccles.    You would have to go to Oulton Broad to Jeckells.      There is of course a couple of boat yards Hippersons that would assist if they possibly could or indeed just past the Lido on the Suffolk side is Galleon Marine who again would help in anyway they could.

Brian

Yes ASAP are in Beccles but we live in nearby Worlingham and it is further on than us.   It would be rather a stretch of anyone's imagination to walk to ASAP.      They are up on the Ellough Estate which is a trading estate near to Worlingham rather than little old Beccles.    They dont always stock everything and you could ring them and get a part in and get a cab I suppose if you were stuck on your boat.

M

Another plus for visiting Beccles Harbour is that over the bridge at Hippersons you can hire some extremely smart day boats.    If your boat is far too high to get under the old bridge then this is an option.    A trip to the Locks Pub for the afternoon as an idea.

post-479-0-76423000-1370674258_thumb.png