Alpha 31 Rear Cockpit

We are selling our boat to upgrade to a larger vessel, feel free to ask questions

Price
£23,500.00
LOA 9.45m (31'0") Year 1983 Construction GRP Underwater profile semi-displacement Berths 4 Engine 1 x diesel 37hp, BMC 1.5 Diesel (1983) Lying Stalham

Extra Details

Designer Alphacraft Builder Alphacraft Brundall Lying Stalham Fuel capacity 227.3 ltr (50.0 G) Total - 1 Tanks Water capacity 340.9 ltr (75.0 G) Total - 1 Tanks Holding tank capacity 181.8 ltr (40.0 G) Total - 1 Tanks Last survey

Nov 2012

She is in original gelcoat and has been very well cared for. 
A host of upgrades have been carried out recently including; 
New Batteries May 2013 
New Upholstry 2013 
New Lift Pump 2013 
Refurbished Diesel Injector Pump 2013 
New Gearbox Oil Cooler 2013 
New BSS 2013 
New Mooring Ropes 2013 
Engine Serviced 2013 
New Helms Seat 2013 
Anti Foul November 2012 
Recent Boat Survey 2012 
Eberspacher Warm Air Heating 
Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm New 2013 

Mechanical Engine 1 x diesel 37hp   BMC 1.5 Diesel (1983) Engine Hours Not Recorded Engine Cooled Fresh Water Steering Wheel Drive Shaft Prop(s) 3 Blade Bronze Fuel consumption (approx) 1.8 ltr (0.4 G) /hour At Cruising Speed Cruising speed (approx) 5 knots Max speed (approx) 8 knots

Good looking boat! What are you looking to upgrade to??

Trevor

Well in the beginning we looked at a traditional woody but realised the upkeep and maintenance was a little beyond ourimmediate desires and pocket,, we wanted to buy and use, so we opted for a plastic tub and have had some great time on her enjoying updating her along the way, we now find that with younguns with partners wanting to come along we need more berths, so we are looking at another GRP constructed boat of 40 foot 

JTF she is 6'8" canopy/screen down, so low tide summers she goes under nicely

VetChugger, we would love a woody in the future maybe :smile: but a GRP Bourne 35 40 are of interest.

Jonzo, The Aquafibres sure are lots of boat for the money right now, but there haven't been any to see of late (that we knew of).At the moment we are thinking of a Bourne 40

Gancanny: Thank you from one photographer to another for that Alan, not often you get to see your boat pictured in use and tge same again with your own car so it is rare to be able to appreciate them this way, I crossed Breydon in her last November and my buddy was watching for our arrival at Yarmouth, he said she looked amazing coming under the bridge turning in for the Bure, but NO camera! Areal shame.

Image is at Burgh Castle the night before the Breydon crossing

post-24613-0-48481100-1385836643_thumb.j

cheers Matt,,, been on this one,, it's decked out inside nicely although the Teak and Holly boarding is screwed down and the screws are unsightly,, the boards aren't fitted well either as many creak a lot due to oversized cutting when they need a few mill off, the galley is just that and impossible to pass the chef or dishwasher/scrubber and the starboard side fore deck is very soft a cracking badly under foot so it got 4 no's from us :-/

cheers Matt,,, been on this one,, it's decked out inside nicely although the Teak and Holly boarding is screwed down and the screws are unsightly,, the boards aren't fitted well either as many creak a lot due to oversized cutting when they need a few mill off, the galley is just that and impossible to pass the chef or dishwasher/scrubber and the starboard side fore deck is very soft a cracking badly under foot so it got 4 no's from us :-/

But other than that!?

They have a 38 footer as well.

Jonzo, I suspect the Richardsons Bourne's are Bourne design but Richardsons build. Hmmm  how daft does that sound? Mine is a Bourne design but a Moores build so, on that note, I stand corrected!

Looking at that link I'd say that's got the possibilities of being a really good buy Muzbaz!

Trevor

Jonzo, I suspect the Richardsons Bourne's are Bourne design but Richardsons build. Hmmm  how daft does that sound? Mine is a Bourne design but a Moores build so, on that note, I stand corrected!

Looking at that link I'd say that's got the possibilities of being a really good buy Muzbaz!

Trevor

It'd be interesting to know where they were built but I don't think they hit the Richardson inventory until the mid 80s with the acquisition of Bushnells of Maidenhead and then a littler later they made their way to Norfolk to have their 'centre' top section chopped out to go under some bridges

Dan

• Like 1

It'd be interesting to know where they were built but I don't think they hit the Richardson inventory until the mid 80s with the acquisition of Bushnells of Maidenhead and then a littler later they made their way to Norfolk to have their 'centre' top section chopped out to go under some bridges

Dan

We looked at the first Royal Gem they sold and it was of GRP Hull, superstructure and canopy,, I believe they were converted to sliding canopy at some stage in their life on the river.

For the 1988 season ;)

Dan