Gracie

Just like to say I am now an official full member and a big thankyou to the Mods and Jonzo for a great Forum, beats the rubbish on the telly any day.

I have learned so much more about the Broads and Boating since joining the Forum (and I thought I knew everything lol) looking forward to learning a lot more and hopefully helping with a bit of advice where I can too.

Been looking at the other Forums that are Broads related and although I am not naming any they seem a bit hostile and clicky at times, I have seen no evidence of this on here, always friendly and a good laugh.

Hope to meet some of you out on the Rivers and maybe have a drink or two cheersbar

Grace

• Like 4

Welcome.

Each forum has its characters that know 'everything', in reality google can make us all look like we are very clever, each forum also has a bit of bias towards certain broads businesses whom key figures within the forum use. The 'clickiness' from each (they all have it to a level) forum comes from those who post daily, feel comfortable and are part of a group also some people know each other on a personal level and this familiarity can make it daunting for outsiders looking in.

Most of the time this is a happy place, not too many power struggles, but with occasional horn locking.

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Grace! I've been on the Broads for the last thirty years and I'm still learning new things, like Paladins little hide away, and I though I knew all the hidey holes, totally agree with the comments about other forums, I only give advice on problems I've had and solved with the help of some of the best boat mechanics and builders on the Broads, or things I've done that either work or don't work on my own boats when I've done my own refurbs, but I'll guarantee someone will usually shoot me down on the other forums, and it's usually the same people every time, as MBA says anyone can Google stuff, but there's nothing like hands on experience,,,,

Frank,,,,,

• Like 2

This will be my 38th year coming to the place I call heaven! I am in excess of 400 miles away but knows the drive is well worth it! I agree about all forums, but myself personally now that I am now officialy retired and a ex tradesman, still loves a laugh or forty five in all of them! :naughty:

• Like 2