Tube Messenger

If all else fails could you not use the existing electrical line as a pull-through to install a replacement together with the extra line and another pull-through?

At  last common sense prevails :naughty:

Unfortunately it's not that easy as it is the (dual) controller line for the bow/stern thrusters and it would be a minor nightmare to disconnect all the connections at either end and to then reassemble correctly. (unless I got Col to do it!).  

Yes, if it's a multi-core cable I can see that wouldn't really be practical.

As a matter of interest one method I've used to ensure correct reassembly, provided an original cable is being sacrificed or has enough spare length, is simply to cut it off leaving the original connections intact. Then you just prepare the new cable and replace them one at a time. I'm not suggesting that would be appropriate in this case though.

• Like 1

"I would  have to perform contortionistic (is that a word?) body manoeuvres at either end and I'm not that supple any more!"

Oh anno that feeling well John lol My old kness have had their best days am afraid! :naughty: 

cheers Iain.

• Like 1

I would  have to perform contortionistic (is that a word?) body manoeuvres at either end and I'm not that supple any more!   :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Ditto! Arthritic hips and back. I ricked my back again last week just sitting putting my socks on :cry:. That scuppered my plans to use this nice dry settled period to get the boat ready for launch.

Geeze! you lot need to plan ahead, If I ever have to bend or kneel down to do something I always try and think of other jobs I can do while I'm down there, it saves a wasted journey that way,, :liar

What makes you think we don't? :grin:

I'll need a months rest, my back is just about shot and my knees are killing me, I'm wondering if it's anything to do with the two days of sanding and filling, three undercoats sanded down between each coat and the two topcoats sanded down between each coat, and I've still got two coats of anti foul to do, plus put the fittings and new names on the hull, two weeks solid and I still have the topside to do, who said retirement was easy???

Frank,,,,,

• Like 1

Final topcoat on today! just anti foul and bits a bobs left, in the last two weeks I've lost count of how many people walking past me have said, " Oh your painting your boat then?" Erm! no I just got the brushes and paint because I was bored! talk about stating the bleeding obvious, used to get that going fishing, loaded up with fishing gear and always some pillock would say, "Your going fishing then??"   trust me with my sense of humour it's very hard for me to say nothing, mind you today I was moaning about fly's landing on my fresh paint and leaving makes, some guy who is a bit of a pain said a blind man would like to see it, to which I replied Yes but I ain't bloody blind, he left rather quickly, mind you I've had a lot of compliments about the finish, had one guy ask me how much I'd charge to paint his boat, don't think David would be very happy me doing that! and taught two guys how to get a good finish, one got the hang of it the other said sod that when I told him the amount of prepping to get the finish, he said why all that it's only a boat! true but it's my boat and if it's not right I'm not happy, having gone totally off topic, I'm good at that,

John! Lathams do a set of Pull rods for about £10, they do the job of pulling cables ok, just don't go round any tight bends because the ends snap off,,, see! now you can't say I'm off topic,,, :dance

Frank,,,,,    

• Like 1