I absolutely hate to do this but... Tesco website says the store in Stalham is open from 08:00 to 22:00 on Good Friday. So, if all else fails...!!!!

I think the Ludham butcher's telephone number is 01962 678226, but I picked that up from Google so it might be wrong!

I walked past a few weeks ago. I'm pretty sure they are closed Mondays and Saturday afternoon. As others have said they will almost certainly be closed Good Friday. However it might be worth giving them a bell just in case they'd be willing to prepare it the day before for collection. Might be worth a phone call. Good butchers. Otherwise Roys might be an option. I wouldn't risk my burgers from Tesco! :-o

I absolutely hate to do this but... Tesco website says the store in Stalham is open from 08:00 to 22:00 on Good Friday. So, if all else fails...!!!!

I think the Ludham butcher's telephone number is 01962 678226, but I picked that up from Google so it might be wrong!

Yes, I suppose as a very last resort there is always the large supermarkets, that will be plan C or D lol.

The sausages from the Ludham Butcher, they are delicious

Jan hi, on a techy note, see am off topic...again :naughty:  I notice your smilies dont work. Do you have the latest abode reader 11? That may be the reason you aint showing them.

Back on topic, see I can do that :clap  IF you lot were to come and BBQ up here just now you would all end up in bed with pluracy! Brrrrrr!!! Oh and well done the local butcher too. :clap

cheers Iain.

Jan hi, on a techy note, see am off topic...again :naughty:  I notice your smilies dont work. Do you have the latest abode reader 11? That may be the reason you aint showing them. butcher too. :clap

cheers Iain.

Hi Broadscot, yep have got an iPad so not sure that applies. Are there instructions on the Forum? For inserting icons. Feel like a right idiot, I am an IT Manager and can't work this out, go figure lol

Jan.

Im planning to drop by Farm to Fork and Fish at Horstead on our way to collect the boat at Stalham.

They do lots of good BBQ food.

It is possible to walk there from Coltishal Common, it about a 20 min walk.

Plan Z. ... you could always get Tracy to do her signature dish Janice.... yep you guessed steak and kidney pie with oven chips.

Lovely, however

My comments in another thread

We are coming up early Friday, going to Salhouse for an evening of celebration and then the next day off somewhere to have a BBQ, Steve normally sorts out the location so no idea at the moment where we will end up lol.

On Sunday we will most likely be suffering from food poisoning as I am organising the food and Steve and Mike cooking it lol.

Just an update, we got the meat from Ludham Butchers, on Good Friday and we have to say it was excellent.

We did not have the BBQ in the end as the weather was against us. We cooked some of the chicken ( there was too much too cook in one go ) in the oven with Italian herbs and cooked the sausages with a sprinkle of herbs with chilli and ate it with rice. All was very nice.

Tonight we cooked the rump steak in a curry sauce, it was very lean and tender.

Have not tried the beef burgers.

Would recommend the butchers for good food and a very friendly service.

Jan and Mike

• Like 1