Solar Light for a hand rail

SweetKingfisher1

I saw in Anglia Afloat some time ago a Solar Light, but the site was in America. I checked with Brian Ward in Brundall, but they could not help. 

We saw a boat at Wamack with a Solar light on the hand rail on the bow of a boat.

So once again, can anyone help me with this request :bow please.

Regards

Marina :Stinky

mum it was discussed back in may on another forum.. you can't but it in the UK.. and 39 bucks for what is solar light from the pound shop isn't worth it.. so DIY option is pound shop for the light and a chanders for a rail mount flag pole socket.

I have to agree with Mr Mynah - cheap ones really don't last.

We have a few sets that we have bought from this company - http://www.powerbee.co.uk/solar-fairy-lights.html

They only seem to do string lights, but if you go for the more expensive sets they really do last, dont need loads of sun to charge the solar battery pack and we have had them in our garden for many years, left out in all weathers and they still work. Not quite as good now as when originally installed (prob 4yrs ago), but I am thinking of getting a few sets to either put on the rails or round the canopy frame - maybe a bit blingy, but a handy bit of illumination when you get back from the pub.

They also come with a mains charger to give them a boost when it has been particularly cloudy or dark. 

• Like 1

Thanks Baitrunner I have looked at the site. I am going to look into this through the winter and I hope to have it sorted for next season.

Ok Alan, so it is a flag pole to keep it on the rail, even I had not thought of that. What a clever boy  :clap . We have cheap solar lights for the garden and I do agree, they don't last that long. I will look for good ones.

Once again many thanks for advise  cheers .

Regards

Marina   :Stinky

• Like 1