Humpback Whale off the Coast of Norfolk

Timbo

We live local to this part of the coast and would love to catch sight of the whale,surprising how many people are down there looking ,same when a rare bird is spotted twitchers flock here in droves .Be nice if they can get some good footage.Roy

Grace a couple of whale pictures for you - I cheated though, they weren't of the Norfolk one :naughty:

An Orca with her pup and a humpback caught diving (well it's tail).

I agree with you that whales are amazing and if you get the chance go to Canada to see them - these were taken there whilst celebrating a significant birthday with some friends.

The most surreal part was cruising back down the coast, the ship was passed by what must have been thousands of whales migrating to the northern waters for spring - we spent hours watching them non stop.

post-30810-0-68354300-1415661690_thumb.j

post-30810-0-45635700-1415661799_thumb.j

• Like 1

Stunning Baitrunner. thank you so much for posting them

I remember watching a Documentary a while back where a humpback and her baby were being attacked by a pod of Orcas, the mum flipped the pup onto her front to try and stop it being attacked, unfortunately they were both killed, I know it's nature but I cried for an hour. An expert on the programme explained that the Orcas were showing their pups how to hunt, absolutely fascinating, thanks again  :clap

Grace