New Headlining

Nice Job Steve! only personal to me but that white plastic vent spoils it for me, I have a thing about them :summertime: if your going to batten the joins as Alan suggest with the same material, you may be interested in these screw covers, I've just put the link to the cream ones but they do hundreds of colours, I use the chrome ones quite a lot, and so far they are the best I've ever used, unlike the B&Q type where the cover drops off the tops on these are snap fit,,http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CREAM-TWO-PIECE-DOME-SCREW-COVER-CAP-SNAP-CAPS-96-COLOURS-FWS-/221007233688?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item791764a6db

Frank,,,

• Like 2

Thanks Frank I'll take a closer look at them ;) there used to be old metal vents up there and they were bent and twisted for some reason. I'm sure I could find some different ones if I come not to like these plastic ones but as I've said before we are still learning about this boating lark. I didn't realise you could get so many different types of what is basically the same thing ;) it a minefield sometimes

MM this is where Deb got the fabric from, the link should go to the exact one she purchased for the curtains :)

http://www.terrysfabrics.co.uk/prod/curtain-fabrics/prints-checks/nova-curtain-fabric-sky/

Alan, next month eh, sounds good. Now you've got me thinking about covering the beeding with the same vinyl as the headlining, that could look really good. I've got a small bit of off cut vinyl laying around, I'm going to cover a bit of trim and see if I like it ;)

The carpet is a real mess mate, definately will need replacing as you'll see.

cheers

Steve

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What a fantastic day :)

It's been a long day but very productive. We left home in Hampshire at around 6:30 this morning. We had the pleasure of meeting Mowjo ( Frank and Judi ) as we had arranged to pick up some bits from them before we continued on to carry out some more work on Lady Patricia.

We arrived around 10ish to pick up the parts and were offered a nice cuppa, that really hit the spot after the long drive up. Frank show me around their boat and he looks to be doing an excellent job all round. A really lovely couple, thanks for the ideas and advice ;)

Then we headed off to our girl. The plan was to anti foul her and try to fit the recovered headlining panel after our mishap on the last visit. I must say that anti foul paint is rather unpleasant stuff. Anyway a few hours later she was all done, We decided to fit the headlining and see if we could get it done before the light faded. After a little pushing and pulling we eventually got it all secured and offered up the beading. We secured the trim and but for a few minor adjustments needed next time it job done.

Obviously nothing like a professional job but I'm actually very happy with the outcome for my first job on our lovely lady ;)

post-30525-0-63778000-1426371824_thumb.j

post-30525-0-56014600-1426371854_thumb.j

• Like 2

Thanks Alan ......... I think ;)

She's going back in at the end of the month. We are back up tues, weds and thurs this coming week to wash, polish and generally clean her up.

Had a good look going down the lane yesterday. The transport should have no trouble :)

We've also decided to keep her as Lady Patricia and not re name. We bought her with the name and have come to love her so why change.

cheers

Steve

• Like 3

Sounds good Steve. The name sounds ok .. bit posh and it's expensive to change it.. I think we all got through about 7 bottles of bubbly on our renaming lol! (and Iain :norty: thats bad...!).

Thanks about the lane access thats good to hear. We are definitely coming up last weekend of the month so if we find you I'll have a sneak look.

Enjoy your time back up hope the weathers good.

cheersbar

• Like 1

Twas good to meet you and Debs Steve, glad you got your jobs done, it's suprising the difference a few battens can make the the look of it, your white vent cover still bugs me though, :norty:  but having said that I have a thing about brass fittings as well, I managed to get all my trim cut and stained, now I have three days of varnishing and curtains to make, the joys of owning a boat Ehh! like I said to you, there's nothing like when someone says to you thats a nice job! and you say "I did that!"  when you clean the boat, mask off the waterline or you run the risk of dragging the anti foul up onto your hull and it can stain the GRP,  I found that out the hard way,

Frank,,,,

• Like 2