Broad Ambition - Underway on the H2O

6 hours ago, Aboattime said:

Talking of the Ferry,we went in during the summer for lunch, really not good, we won’t be going back.

If you read the current reviews on Tripadvisor, you probably ( If not definitely ) wouldn’t want to go there. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Graham47 said:

If you read the current reviews on Tripadvisor, you probably ( If not definitely ) wouldn’t want to go there. 

I always take Tripadvisor reviews with a pinch of salt especially if there are competing businesses in the same area, however at Stokesby there is no competition and the reviews have been saying similar for quite some period of time now.

There is no doubt that they make some very nice and expensive chocolates, cakes and other sweet treats. My suspicion is that the pub comes with a very nice well appointed commercial kitchen and the side line has become the main focus of attention to the detriment of running a pub. 

To be honest I'm more than a little surprised that Adnams let one of their tenants run one of their pubs, with the Adnams name on the side of the building in such a way.

I'm guessing they are happy to have a paying tenant who wants to stay, and the tenant is happy to make use of the kitchen for their chocolate production, especially in the run up to the Christmas periods when the pub itself goes very quiet.