Least we forget, the concentration camps.

JennyMorgan

Although i agree it was an evil thing to happen, let`s not forget the death camps did NOT only have Jewish people in them. There were also millions of all groups, Russians making up a large percentage too, and i sometimes think people are sometimes guilty of forgetting those that wer`nt jewish.

In NO way whatsoever do i intend this to sound or be taken in the wrong way, but i find it a bit bad of our society when other groups get forgotten about, or just never mentioned.

But as you rightly say, an evil thing to happen, no matter what race, creed, or colour, in recent history.

• Like 6

We live not far from The National Memorial Arboretum at Alrewas in Staffordshire. Not sure if there is a memorial for the Holocaust or not as it is several years since we last visited. But no doubt one will be erected before long. New memorials are being added all the time, One that was recently erected was in memory of all the Merchant Seamen, who lost their lives on the Russian Convoy's during WW2. 

It is a beautiful place to visit and so peaceful. If you are ever in the area, make it a must.

There is one at the Arboretum as all wars are covered right up to the present day.       When you have walked around there you come home with a different perspective on life.   Why oh why is the human race so cruel.   It seems that be it the concentration camps right across to the cruel way the Japanese treated their prisoners of war,   a streak of behaviour which I hope I never have to come across.

• Like 1