Boats That Won't Go Under That Bridge!

Timbo

Another Britannia, sadly I think she might not fit under Potter Bridge! I'm not sure about the design, certainly not as sleek as the original. I like the paintjob on the hull...but there's an air of 'inner city' or is it 'prison hulk' about her?

_81527624_ddea6ddd-42b6-4991-bab0-618656

• Like 3

Hi Tim,

I was watching this on the news a short while ago, I know what you mean regarding the build of these new liners, they all seem to look the same.

Here is the news report:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-31802613

For those with a few quid how about having a party on-board:-

http://www.pocruises.com/cruise-ships/britannia/overview/

Maybe it go under Wroxham Bridge?

Regards

Alan

Best if I don't get started on what I think about what happened to the "proper" (Royal Yacht) Britania, but as far as appearance goes, this one's a pig!

One of the few advantages of being on-board is that you can't really see it from there.

Do modern cruise ship designers have any idea about the concept of "Beauty"?

At least in the event the ship visits either Canvey Island or Great Yarmouth, it will make either place look very attractive by comparison.

Maybe it go under Wroxham Bridge?

Depends how fast you are going?

Best if I don't get started on what I think about what happened to the "proper" (Royal Yacht) Britania, but as far as appearance goes, this one's a pig!

One of the few advantages of being on-board is that you can't really see it from there.

Do modern cruise ship designers have any idea about the concept of "Beauty"?

At least in the event the ship visits either Canvey Island or Great Yarmouth, it will make either place look very attractive by comparison.

I get the feeling that most modern vehicles are designed so that they are easily transferable into Pixar characters. Add a couple of eyes on the bow cabin and we have Brit the Liner in Pixar's Boats...at a cinema near you soon.

I have visions of Britannia off the coast of Yarmouth and hundreds of locals in Broads Cruisers trying to sell the 'explorers' exotic local delicacies like tripe and onions, fish n chips and Magnum ice creams in a scene reminiscent of  james Cook in the South Seas.

• Like 3