Removing moderators hat!

.....It is however essential to register a vote to avoid indesirable extremists winning the ballot by default.....

Yes, if ever it looked even remotely  possible for any of the "extremists" to win, I would certainly vote tactically against them.

The decision between the major parties would require the aid of a coin or a dice now though, such is their mutual appeal....

Sometimes the reason why people do not vote in the General Election, is because the party they want to vote for, has no representative in their constituency. Only Labour, Lib Dems & Conservatives have ever stood in my constituency. So for instance, if I decided I wanted to vote for Ukip, I couldn't.

It is about time the voting system was changed, so that you can vote for the Party you want to govern, not the Candidate, in other words Proportional Representation, this would encourage more people to vote. Something the Lib Dems have wanted for a long time. 

It's the two main parties that don't agree on the PR system, because they know that they may loose out.

I think the British Voting system is due for a change.

In an ideal world we would vote for a candidate for a local or general election, they would believe all the comments they spouted to get your vote and act on the policies that they promised you.

Even a well meaning, honest MP is engulfed in the party line and corrupted by the present system, or they are squeezed out if they stand by their convictions.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

In an ideal world we would vote for a candidate for a local or general election, they would believe all the comments they spouted to get your vote and act on the policies that they promised you.

Even a well meaning, honest MP is engulfed in the party line and corrupted by the present system, or they are squeezed out if they stand by their convictions.

Regards

Alan

There lays the problem Alan, our so called Free Press! 70%? Tory backed or possibly more. I am surprised the Daily Mail and Telegraph is not printed on Blue Paper :naughty:

cheers Iain.

Back on subject/thread, its the Red Arrows for sunday night in the TG slot. on BBC2 8pm.

cheers Iain

Sorry Iain drifted off topic there.

How fast will the Red Arrows go round the track and who will be the star in plane?

Will the Red Arrows Stig have a red suit on?

How about the "Longest Day" that must be on the BBC repeat list.

Regards

Alan

Sorry Iain drifted off topic there.

How fast will the Red Arrows go round the track and who will be the star in plane?

Will the Red Arrows Stig have a red suit on?

How about the "Longest Day" that must be on the BBC repeat list.

Regards

Alan

Nope Film 4 has the Longest Day :naughty:  I have it canned for a naff night, possibly this Sunday! :naughty:

cheers Iain

• Like 1

Don't worry Iain remember the "Canal Journeys" program is on at 8.00PM on Channel 4 on Sunday or 9.00PM on plus 1, so you can keep the Longest Day for another naff evening's entertainment on the TV.

We will be watching, if only we had some "Oxford Blue" cheese to nibble on during the programme :naughty: 

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

Don't worry Iain remember the "Canal Journeys" program is on at 8.00PM on Channel 4 on Sunday or 9.00PM on plus 1, so you can keep the Longest Day for another naff evening's entertainment on the TV.

We will be watching, if only we had some "Oxford Blue" cheese to nibble on during the programme :naughty: 

Regards

Alan

A nice piece of Arran Red Onion cheese be nice also :naughty:  Yes will watch that on Channel 4 instead. or Sky Ch 227HD!

cheers Iain.

Personally, i prefer a good piece of creamy mature English cheddar, or if staying local, a piece of Dorset blue vinnie.  Having said that, i`m rather partial to a nice piece of White Stilto with apricots. YYUUUMMMMMYYYYY.

Getting back to the political discussion, whichever side you vote for, it does`nt matter, because these days they`re all in it for what they can make out of it.

Years ago, you had Labour and Conservative, and you knewq what the (were supposed to) stand for. These days, there`s no difference, they`re all as lying and dispicable as eachother, and could`nt give a toss about the state of the country, so long as they can twist things to make them sound better than they really are.

If you all vote for me, i`d make it so that you could only stand for election if

You are over the age of 35

you`ve been working and paying tax for a minimum of 10 years

you`ve lived in the seat you want to represent for a minimum of 10 years, so you know what is important to the area and its people

you were born in this country

you would NOT be allowed to be elected to ANY boards of directors.

you will not have a criminal record

you will NOT be allowed a second home and fiddle your expense account

You will have a constituancy office in the local council building

your seat will have a parliamentary flat in a parliamentary residents block..

You MUST resign your seat and stand for re-election If you change parties mid term,

Can i count on your votes this coming May :lol: :lol::lol:

• Like 4