Richardsons Private Breakdown recovery service

Clive looks ideal but if I my point out two things:

You want payment of £120 in VAT- I assume inc VAT should be there

And

In the I event of a fouled propeller you have a driver doing the work. I expect a diver would be more successful :-)

• Like 2

I was getting all excited, until I read the bit about "The boat must have a north river mooring" although we are/will be a southerner (and proud!), so disappointed to be discriminated ;) Can you get a yard down south for us please? please... cheers

I was getting all excited, until I read the bit about "The boat must have a north river mooring" although we are/will be a southerner (and proud!), so disappointed to be discriminated ;) Can you get a yard down south for us please? please... cheers

Plenty of yards on the south side who could help you Alan.

• Like 1

Thanks Mark, not to turn Clive customers away but do you know any yards down south that offer this? We would like a similar service really just for peace of mind.

(Clive maybe some room to expand down south? ;)cheers)

I dont know if yards offer the same insurance as Ricco's but there are some good yards on the south side I would contact them, maybe if they dont offer this service they might realize they're missing a trick and start.

• Like 1

Thanks Mark, not to turn Clive customers away but do you know any yards down south that offer this? We would like a similar service really just for peace of mind.

(Clive maybe some room to expand down south? ;)cheers)

If you can't get fixed up with  breakdown insurance down South, you could fit a folding emergency outboard bracket to your transom Alan.

Many cruiser owners already carry a small outboard for their dinghy, and for standby purposes even a 4hp motor will push a 30ft cruiser along at a get you home speed in sheltered  rivers.

I always carry my trusty old Seagull 5hp purely as a standby to my single engined boat.

It weighs only about 20kg yet it was designed to push heavy keelboats along at 5mph in a seaway.

I have peace of mind with it safely stored away inside the boat, completely independent of the main engine and sterngear, yet always ready for immediate use.

post-195-0-24515500-1426316513_thumb.jpg

post-195-0-34033200-1426316527_thumb.jpg

I have been banging on about Southern Recovery Service for years now.     You say Yards down South will help,  what yards offer this service, do tell.

We are with Boulters at the moment.   They say they cover ALL of the Broads.

By the way I cannot open the links , just get a load of gobbledegook.

Not wishing to hijack Clive's thread, Kingfisher has a plan to offer a breakdown service in future, but our tug is currently in the process of gathering dust in the shed, waiting for time to repair and re-engine her. 

Until we have such a vessel, we would be happy to offer assistance on an ad-hoc basis should anybody find themselves in trouble. 

Please, any comments, open a separate thread.

• Like 1

cheers for the comments, I only did the flyer yesterday and put it up without checking...

oops!

We do cover the south rivers but only for boats which moor in the north, this is how we are able to get the price low.. 

We have tow boats in Acle, Yarmouth, Stalham, Horning and Wroxham. 

Plus access to plenty of others.. 

This service is covered by Moonfleet so is not affected by turnaround days