No more weeks, just days.

Continuing that off topic Grace. I saw the original Enigma film, I look forward to the latest version. The man was away ahead of his time, and possibly/probably one of the reasons we use PCs today. I believe this latest film is pretty close to the truth regrading him (Alan Turing)

cheers Iain.

• Like 1

Iain, Many years ago my granddad told us lot's of stories about war time and that's where my interest in anything war related began. Although I've never seen the original film, The Imitation Game is excellent, I didn't realise that the Genius that was Turing had to play god and let people die because he couldn't risk the Enemy discovering he had cracked their codes, decisions he didn't make lightly. After all this man had done for our country and then to be medically castrated because he was gay I know was acceptable at that time but horrific in my opinion and the man has my utmost respect.

Now back on topic, how many day's was it Geoff?  :naughty:

Grace

• Like 1

Geoff,

Just remember those boats are designed to stay on top of the water - your not in the navy now :swordpir:  :swordpir:

Now that is a thought Mark! Just imagine being able to hire a submarine for the week. You certainly wouldn't have an issue with Potter & Wroxham bridges. Anyway, I have decided to leave my old submariners sweater at home, made from Shetland wool, which would be too hot to wear on holiday. But I am taking half a bottle of Wood's rum with me, cos I like me tot when on the water.  cheers So if any of you happens to pay us a visit, it's a good excuse to splice the main brace.  pirate  cheersbar

• Like 2

Blimey! These posts are coming thick and fast, can't keep up with you all.

Yes I agree with you Grace, the film Imitation Game is a brilliant film and they couldn't have picked a better actor tha Benedict Cumberbatch, to play Alan Turing. He was a genius as you rightly say. He helped to turn the tide on the U-boat war. I have this film on DVD and many other war related films.

Bendict Cumberbatch will be playing as Richard III in a new dramatisation, due out in August.

Ok, lets get back on topic. 2 days 11 hours before we set off to Norfolk.  :party:

• Like 3

What a shame Mark, it would have been nice to meet you, but unfortunately, we are staying in the north all week. Never mind, we may get the chance to meet sometime and that goes for all you peeps on here!  :rolleyes:

Oh my gawd, I can hear you all saying! If we are not mad yet, we will be if we ever bump into Geoff & Wendy.  :lol:

But really guys, we are not mad, HONEST, just getting there, thank's to this forum. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

We are going to be out and about from Thursday night until Sunday night... will look out for Star Gem 6.

Weather is looking pretty good ... so that's a bonus.

We are going to be out and about from Thursday night until Sunday night... will look out for Star Gem 6.

Weather is looking pretty good ... so that's a bonus.

That's nice Steve. Depending on what time we get away from Richardson's on Friday, our plan is to head for Wroxham and spend the night there. Then Sat morning head for Coltishall. Sunday, we will probably be heading towards Potter or somewhere in that region. We will keep an eye out for Broadland Lady.  cheers

Yes just looked at the 10 day forecast for Norfolk and it looks like we are in for a good week, dry at least, which is the main thing.

• Like 1

Hopefully we should be able to get on one of the 24hour moorings on the river outside of Wroxham broad on Friday for the night then early rise and dump the boat back in the marina as it's Broom boat show for us Saturday for a few hours (still waiting for tickets to arrive) then back to boat then off towards Womack or wherever we end up for the night.

Sunday....ain't made any plans but may get the dinghy out so the Mrs can give the boat a scrub around the water line !!!!

Awe you spoil your Mrs, Steve. Awe heart as they say! :naughty:  Its really nice how skippers look after their crews. :clap

Lol Iain. ... I might even blow it up for her.... good job she ain't reading any of this haha.

cheers Iain

She can try out some of the dozens of them magic sponge things she keeps buying out of that tat shop at potter.

So I'm either going to have a nice shiny boat or be on the receiving of hot tongue and cold shoulder

Side stand now let me think which way this will go? It sounds bad I'm afraid.

My wife tried one of those sponges on our fenders. Works a treat but after 5 mins on intense graft she had done about 2sq inches. I am not confident the enthusiasm of magic sponge supply will last to do all 8 of the sausages. Then she can start on the 8 round ones!!! They are newer than the sausages so not as dirty which will be a treat for her to finish on!!

Guess what I will be doing after the first 20 mins?

Well Mark....I will be keeping lookout for her to ensure she is no danger to shipping and such like.... I could also advise her on any bits missed haha.... flotsam and jetsam come to mind.....

Blimey, I hope they fall in love with the place after all this.......if they don't, we're all going to need tin hats on Lol   :hardhat:

Grace

Now how could we not fall in love with the Broads. It's that place where everyone drives around in boats, instead of cars, isn't it?

If not, you have all been telling Porkies. I knew we should have booked a Wallace Arnold Coach Holiday instead!

All our bags are packed, well almost (Wendy is still umming and arhing, what to take with her. Good job she doesn't wear lot's of shoes like Grace, or we would need a couple more holdalls.

Having our hair cut this afternoon, with our mobile hairdresser. Arranged for the cat and the fish to be fed, by our lovely next door neighbour, and she is going to keep the garden watered for us. 

Just today and tomorrow to get over with and we will be up with the lark on Friday morning, ready to leave at 0530 for our journey to Norfolk.

• Like 6

Just 1 more day to go. Everything is packed ready to go in the car on Friday morning. Yes Wendy has finally packed all her clothes and all the other stuff women need to take on holiday in the make up department. We just need to make sure we haven't forgotten anything, but I can't seem to get the kitchen sink in the car, I have tried honest, but I expect the one on the boat will do!  :lol:

Really excited now and tomorrow will no doubt pass very slowly.

• Like 2