No more weeks, just days.

Well done Geoff, :clap

Now, I aint a betting man :norty:  If you discover you have forgot something....it does happen....OFTEN lol, you have Stalham very close by, to remedy that problem.                                                                    

We always forget summat, trouble is its usually about Scotch Corner or the A17 Sleaford turn off, the brain reminds me!

As we won't hear from you for a week or so, Grace will go shoe hunting, Alan R/B will be toasting nicely on Ranworth Breeze. Young Alan will be having kittens watching their pride and joy put into the Marina. Me, well its MY turn to start counting the days till we are afloat!! Oh and David will be counting down also :naughty:

cheers Iain.

• Like 4

Hi Geoff & Wendy

Well the wait is almost over :dance

one thing I should have mentioned earlier is we (and many others I think) always take a non stick frying pan (or buy one at Tesco in Stalham because we left the last one on the boat).

Sometimes the frying pans provided are not non stick and a bit worn.

All thats left to say is have a great time, I'm sure you will come home as addicted as the rest of us.

:lineup:  I look forward to reading all about it when we get back

Yes Iain, the clock has well and truly started for us now rofl

• Like 3

It's The Final Countdown!  :dance 

Just counting away the hours now and this time tomorrow, we should be on our way down the River Ant, Heading towards Ludham Bridge, depending on what time Richardson's feel confident enough with our boat handling, before handing us the keys. :dunce:   :dunce:   :pcwhack:

Now I know you are all going to miss us on here for a week,  :rolleyes: But I am sure you can manage without us, some of you will be glad of the break, from us daft old pair. But you only have yourselves to blame, for getting us hooked on this boating lark!

We are about to go on an adventure of a lifetime, into the great unknown, along mighty rivers teaming with wildlife, (thank God there are no crocodiles or rapids) and meet the local people of this far away land. We will encounter much wildlife as we meander through tree clad waterways and come across strange looking craft, dug out canoes (used by many of the natives), rubber things with two paddles sticking out of the side. Salie type things in all sizes, with big triangular rags blowing in the wind. Huckleberry Fin, Mississippi  Paddle Steamers full of waving tribesmen. Lots of motor powered craft of all shapes and sizes, some in colours of the rainbow. Many will be seen jostling for mooring spaces before the sun sets, on a first come first served basis, or you end up mud weighting I believe.

But we intend to capture this magical land on camera, so we can share what we have seen and where we have been during our travels. 

So on that happy note we will bid you all farewell as we brace ourselves for this wonderful journey into the unknown.

See you all soon. :wave  :wave  :wave  :wave  :wave  

• Like 6

Geoff says...

But you only have yourselves to blame, for getting us hooked on this boating lark!

Close Geoff, but in truth the person to blame is Clive Richo :naughty:  its one of his cruisers you have hired.

WE as in the Forum, have just guided you along to your holiday. That's what its all about, helping each other when we can. :wave

cheers Iain

p.s. Don't forget to display your "L" plates :naughty:   

• Like 5

Same here G&W, have a lovely time, nice and slow, relax and enjoy, will miss your entertaining posts so you will have to make up for it when you get home with a holiday tale and loads and loads of pics, all the very best, will be thinking of you :kiss

Grace

• Like 3

Enjoy yourselves Geoff and Wendy... and if you do pass our boat on the way to Wroxham and happen to come across some wild looking creature drifting along with the tide in a dinghy loaded with magic sponges then that will be the Mrs and I would have somehow forgot to give her the oars.... still not to worry as the tide will bring her back eventually at some stage.

Car loaded and will be away shortly after the London rush has gone.

Thank you all for your good wishes for our holiday. We wont be home until Sunday 26th as we are spending a few days in Norwich, after we hand the boat back.Thank's for the reminder on the non stick frying pan, it's now part of our luggage. Early to bed, early to rise, so we will bid you all good night and will be counting boats instead of sheep, until 4.30 am. We will be on our way at 05.30 after a light breakfast.

Goodnight all until a week Sunday.  :wave

• Like 6

:( It looks like today is their last day. Fingers crossed Clive's team manages to get the off the boat without the need of the local constabulary  :River Police  and hopefully they have already booked the next trip!

Looking forward to hearing how they both good on! 

cheers

• Like 2

" They have probably chained themselves to the handrails" ............... (taps finger on chin) Now there's an idea  :naughty:

I really do hope they have fallen in love with the place and had a lovely time, I guess (hope) we will soon be finding out 

Grace

• Like 2

Expand the band width Alan n Skipper to acomodate all of Geoffs blogs and pics! :naughty:

cheers Iain.

Sorry Jonzo, I did wonder why you wanted to quickly move over to the new server..! Now I get it! (the new server is ready and waiting lol!).

" They have probably chained themselves to the handrails" ............... (taps finger on chin) Now there's an idea  :naughty:

See Iain... Lets hope Clive doesn't notice this before you come down and take Broadway in a few weeks lol

• Like 1

Sorry Jonzo, I did wonder why you wanted to quickly move over to the new server..! Now I get it! (the new server is ready and waiting lol!).

See Iain... Lets hope Clive doesn't notice this before you come down and take Broadway in a few weeks lol

Weeks??? Young Alan its days laddie....TEN of them to be exact! :P

cheers Iain.

• Like 1

Hello again everyone. We have just got back home (5.30 pm) and NO we did not chain ourselves to the boat. We have had a fantastic time and like I said, for some reason, we always seem to get good weather when we go on holiday and last week was just perfect. I have yet to download all our photos (loads of them) to my laptop, which will probably take me all night. Then there are the video shots as well, but don't know how these will turn out, as we have never took video shots before and I will have to edit them and make up some decent footage ready for uploading to youtube, before I can post them on here.

We did quite a lot of cruising all week and used £94 of our £100 fuel allowance, but with £12 for Wroxham Bridge Pilot, we only had to pay Richardsons £6, when we checked back in.

I kept a Captains log of each day of our holiday, so we have plenty to write about, which I will post on the Holiday Tales, once I have got everything sorted out. It was one of the best holidays we have ever had and we can't wait to get back there at the end of September.  

• Like 6