No more weeks, just days.

Hi Geoff & Wendy

I hope you have a great time (although I know you will)

And remember what others have said elswhere on the forum take everything nice and slow and you'll love it

PS. I'm not wishing your holiday over but we go the following week and I can't wait

• Like 3

I have to say I don't remember David (Deebee29) mentioning he's going on the Broads either, it's weird but I've had this vision that he's going on a Silverline Boat, not quite sure which one, oh hang on it's coming to me now, Silver Elegance rings a bell :naughty: only teasing Dave :kiss

Grace

• Like 1

Oh did I mention it Grace

I don't think the excitement ever goes away, you know what to expect but it always turns out different.

I've just come across some old photos of our holidays back in the 80’s when when we had the old Brooms Navigator & mam & dad looked so young and fit tying the boat up & steering.

They brought back so many happy memories and we often say how much dad would have loved it now

The magic that we felt back then is still there today

• Like 2

Geoff & Wendy,

Please remind us all of when and where you are going on holiday? just in case we forget, was it one of those Wallace Arnold tours :naughty:

Regards

Alan

days before we get the coach to Norfolk for our Wallace Arnold boating holiday, or was it Shearings! I'm getting all confused again. I have a brochure here that says Richardson's and I am sure we are driving there in the car. Or did Wendy mention we might get the bikes out and....... Oh sorry that was this afternoon, or is that tomorrow. I'm sure I remeber something about the stars, oh yes, that's it!  The boat Star Gem, I remember now, we are going to Stalham in the car, to Richardson's boat yard, to have a week's holiday on a coach, I mean boat!

Really Alan, what made you mention Wallace Arnold, never met the guy, does he own a boat or something. Anyway just to refresh my memory. 

Friday April 17th 2015

7 days holiday on the Norfolk Broads aboard Star Gem 6.

Just remind me on Thursday evening in case It slips my mind, as we need to set the alarm clock for an early start on Friday.

• Like 6

Tie a bit of string round your index finger Geoff, it will remind you where you have to be next Saturday!  :naughty:

If not string, then sticky notepad papers ALL OVER YOUR HOME should do the trick, Us members would be really miffed IF you ended up on a Wallace Arnold Cruise liner Coach :Stinky , whatever that is! 

WE would all love to be at Stalham on your arrival, to greet you and Wendy, but sadly there are others, including ME still have three weeks before its our turn :naughty: !!! Oh yes and Gracie is too busy out buying three more pairs of shoes!

cheers Iain

• Like 3

Sorry Geoff I only just saw this (I had a filter set incorrectly - I wondered why the forum had gone quiet - Unticking it I find 5 unread pages of threads!!!) Have a brilliant time! Don't forget to look out for a big lorry carrying our boat to lol cheers

• Like 4

Is there any cure for Clock Watching

The day's seem to be going by so slowly, every time I look to see what what time it is, I'm sure my watch is going back instead of forward.

We are approaching the 4 days only time at midnight, so tomorrow it will be time to dig out the suitcases from the loft.

It will take Wendy at least three days, to make up her mind, as to what clothes she will be taking. Us blokes, don't have that problem. Five/six T shirts/shirts, 3 jumpers, 3/4 pairs of trousers, Two fleeces,thick/thin,  1 Waterproof coat, three pairs of shoes, enough socks and undies for seven days. Chuck em all in a holdall, job done in ten minutes. :clap

I must remember to take a few sleeping pills tonight, as due to all the excitement, I am lying awake half the night.  :lol:

• Like 4

OMG, I nearly fainted, did I really just read that Geoff is taking ONLY 3 pairs of shoes :norty:

Jaws, I don't know how many times I have got to say this but will you please keep up :naughty: and you're the Computer expert, lord help the rest of us Lol

Grace

• Like 4

Sorry Grace, I forgot my slippers and sandals. :lol:  Yes those will do me for a week. Light trainers for the boat, heavier designer (Nicky) trainer boots for walking, sandals if the weather is sunny and a pair of shoes for going to the pub at night. What more do I need? I don't wear flip flops, sandals with socks, wellies or hob nail boots.

• Like 1

Still c     g. O l   4 m  e   a s  to  o.   :shocked        

: lol:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

pirate

Didn't want to bore you all so I wrote in code and the rest in invisible ink

• Like 4

Errr Geoff,

It may look invisible to the members, but, us Mods can read it all, and all I can say is.... No I won't say......its a secret. Anyway Grace would NEVER wish to know, she aint the nosey :liar  :liar  :liar type! So type away with you invisible ink! :naughty:

cheers Iain

P.S. I was a level headed sane person before I became a Mod! :angel:  :angel:  :angel: You lot have turned me into a wreck :cry> Now where is the Sanatorium exit door?

• Like 4

I think we need a emot for the pesky mod... I'll have a look! 

Anyways Geoff.. 2 a half days for you isn't it now? :)  :hardhat:

Neil.. I think we will have had over a week aboard Orca by the time you get up there!  :gracie:  :hardhat:  lol

cheers

• Like 3

Alan (Jaws) I also worked Geoff's code out  :liar Lol, and yes we do need a Pesky Mod emot because I do believe a certain Mod is telling porkies, to say he was sane and level headed before becoming a Mod is quite clearly a falsehood as all of us who knew him before becoming said Mod realised he was a complete and utter fruitcake  :naughty:

I do not believe I am nosy but like to think of it as a kind of neighbourhood watch, thank you very much  :naughty:

Grace

p.s Geoff, please don't write in code again, it took me ages to work it out, just managed it and then Jaws went and posted it  :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Gracie said...

and yes we do need a Pesky Mod emot because I do believe a certain Mod is telling porkies,

I think that is very bad manners talking about Alan (R/Breeze) like that Grace. He never tells porkies. Not like some members, NOT a Mod, I know! :naughty:

cheers Iain

• Like 2

Now come on, let's not get falling out with each other. Iain is still number one Mod on here, with Alan (RB) a close second. And you Grace are there to keep tabs on all of us, under the administration of Jaws.

%2+&=H2O &  :Stinky  = :gracie:

I didn't work at Bletchley Park for nothing that is why I am able to message in code. Being an ex submariner, gave me some experience in solving Enigma, so you can thank me for helping to win the war!

Are you monitoring all this Grace, just in case Iain decides to delete it, before you have worked out, that I am getting withdrawal symptoms and have caught boat fever. 

• Like 4

Geoff, so sorry to go off your topic but you mentioning Bletchley Park reminded me of a movie we watched a couple of weeks ago based on a Biography called Alan Turing. The Enigma, it stars Benedict Cumberbatch, an excellent actor in my opinion and the film is fantastic, if this type of thing floats your boat then I can highly recommend it. I never realised just how misunderstood and lonely Alan Turing was, although I do understand a Hollywood movie doesn't always get it right and of course how much is exaggerated to make it watchable is anyone's guess

Grace

p.s Sorry forgot the title it's called The Imitation Game

• Like 2