Relatively Quiet and Peaceful

NorfolkNog

We are up there on Friday for the weekend will you still be about? if so look out for us :)cheers

Aw, got to hand the boat back on Friday morning Alan :-( Let you know when we're down again tho as we like the Dukes Head and usually pop in if we can.

post-38-0-27355700-1431982075_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

That's typical Howard! please do though it would good to have a beer! I'm really surprised how good the dukes head is! I didn't notice they had st peters either. I noticed they had both Adnams and Woodfordes which is good for me though :)

I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip!

cheers

• Like 1

Thanks Alan and will do! :-)

I tend to go for the beer rather than the grub. I think the DH has had various reviews about the grub but I've always found the beer to be good. They usually have a good guest on from the likes of St Peters and Green Jack :-)

• Like 1

Bit choppy in Reedham today.

Had 'help' from a fellow boater who promptly grabbed a line and banged us into the quay. I wish people would ask before 'helping'. Me and Mrs Nog have been doing this for year or two now and have just about got the hang of it by now. Grrrrrrrrr....Sorry rant over :-)

post-38-0-89270900-1432021493_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

"Chain Mrs Nog to the beer pump handles"........"Best suggestion I've heard all week Iain".......Well I wouldn't mind being chained to the beer pumps as long as I have one hand free to lift glass to mouth  :naughty: Me thinks Mr Nog is going to need a couple of pain killers for later  cheersbar lol

Grace

• Like 3

Peaceful in Loddon too :smile:

Ducks busy eating Mrs Nog's corn

Hi Howard,

Did you speak to the couple that were in the metal hulled cruiser moored in your pictures.

They have been waiting for weeks for the Mutford locks to be repaired so they can get to some temporary moorings on Lake Lothing prior to crossing the Channel.

The B.A have given him leaway until the locks are repaired.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

Hi Alan

To be honest we didn't but thought it was an impressive craft. We are moored right at the other end of the Staithe but will have a closer look when Mrs Nog can drag me out of the Swan. Hope they can get the Locks fixed soon.

• Like 1

Hi Howard,

Did you speak to the couple that were in the metal hulled cruiser moored in your pictures.

They have been waiting for weeks for the Mutford locks to be repaired so they can get to some temporary moorings on Lake Lothing prior to crossing the Channel.

Regards

Alan

Hi Alan,

I sincerely hope the BA are using common sense in matters like that just now, cannot be easy for folks like that chapping at the bit wishing to move on. Howard on the other hand will be delighted to be stuck in the Swan! :naughty:

cheers Iain

• Like 1

Hi Iain,

The chappie said the B.A. were being very fair, but bear in mind that we spoke to him now five weeks ago, at the time he was filling his time by doing all those jobs that you leave for sunny days. Another user of Danish Oil for his external woodwork.

He told me of his plight as you do when moored next to somebody and you yourself are doing the odd maintenance job.

The Broads Authority have given him dispensation because of his circumstances.

As you said common sense used, after saying that I have thought the people in the tolls office do a very good job and are good at making suggestions to try and make the procedures easier for all concerned.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

What a difference day makes!

Alan's friends have departed so maybe the Lock has been fixed. Hope so.

The moorings are rammed, we even had a massive Herbert Woods boat trying to squeeze in in front of us, we have a small gap at the side of us where the safety ladder is.

post-38-0-99081100-1432067454_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

What a difference day makes!

Alan's friends have departed so maybe the Lock has been fixed. Hope so.

The moorings are rammed, we even had a massive Herbert Woods boat trying to squeeze in in front of us, we have a small gap at the side of us where the safety ladder is.

Your fault Howard mentioning the price of the ales at the Swan! :naughty:

cheers Iain

• Like 1

Hi Howard,

Regards

Alan

Interesting looking boat that one " Jolly Boat " I think its named.... saw it on the weekend.