steering linkage thingy

Hi can anyone tell me what the white plastic bit is called please. It wraps round the outer casing of the steering linkage but as you can see mine has snapped so a new one is needed. Ive tried googling it but all i get as an answer is teleflex cables. Hoping someone on here knows the proper name for it. Many thanks

Hi Jim,

I do not know what it is called but in effect it is just a bracket to hold the outer tube that the linkage goes through.

You should be able to cobble smoothing together that holds the tube to the correct height. Maybe you could use pipe brackets, he is a link to show you what I mean.

https://www.colglo.co.uk/productlist.php?category=Brass_and_Copper_Pipe_Rings_and_Clips

Regards

Alan

Thanks for the replies and suggestions. Dont know if my very limited skills could make my own support but its something to consider. Ideally id just like to replace it with a new one if only i knew what its technically called and where to get it from. cheers

Google " Transom mounting clamp"

Select " images"

search images until you like the look of one.

select it, then visit their web site.

Plenty to choose from.

Looks like the price is around the £30 - £40 area

You might pick up an old one from a refurb job.

You can also search " Boat steering clamp" this pulls a few on ebay too.

Half the time with the internet, is finding what words to choose for the best search.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Thanks again for replies. I know what you mean viking, i kept wording it with linkage in it. Even tried "that f##@&#g thing thats broke on my boat" but that didnt work either. Now for some googling and ebaying methinks. cheers

Google is just USELESS. "Replacement plastic broken thingy on the back of boat for steering" returns nothing useful.....

Oh. Hold on. Actually, the results aren't at all bad..... Might not help in this instance, but just try it to see how good Google actually is....

• Like 1

Hi freedom just tried that and i must say im amazed. It seems the more you think about how to word it the harder it becomes. From now on i think ill just type in whats on my mind. cheers for the link john will have a look later. cheers

• Like 1

Hi freedom just tried that and i must say im amazed. It seems the more you think about how to word it the harder it becomes. From now on i think ill just type in whats on my mind. cheers for the link john will have a look later. cheers

Yep, it surprised me too.