What's Better Than?

kfurbank

What's better than having Breydon Water all to yourself on a fine Summer's evening? (apart from the two boats stuck on the mud that is!!!)

Well I decided a glass of wine might be a marginal improvement, and then this gate crasher turned up. Sometimes you just have to be in the right place at the right time.  It was a tough assignment, but someone had to be there to witness it. :party:

post-35-0-08403700-1435692773_thumb.jpg

post-35-0-25121200-1435692793_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

I`m sure i saw a seal in Breydon water when we crossed a month ago.

3 years ago, Karen and i were cruising past the Beauchamp arms and thought some scroat had thrown a black bin bag in the river, which i thought was being blown along by the breeze, but then it disappeared imediately. That`s when i realised it was a seal, and called Karen up to keep an eye out. Seconds later, he (or she) popped his head out of the water to have a look around. He was about 10ft to our left side, and looked straight at us.

Absolutely stunned to see a seal that far inland, as i know people have seen them at Reedham sunbathing on the bridge woodwork.

A great pic too Keith, well done, and thanks for posting it.