Embedding YouTube Videos

A plea from a newbie to all you clever members who know about these things. :bow 

Please could someone let me know how to embed YouTube videos into posts. I tried a couple of things last night but they didn't work - I can add a hyperlink ok but sometimes it's nice to put the video in.

Jean. 

Thanks Iain. I appreciated your reply on my holiday tale last night and that is what I did which worked fine.

I know that various people have embedded videos having read so many posts over time before joining. On another site I belong to it's really easy as there's a YouTube button on the toolbar - you just click that and paste in the embed code from the YouTube page.

Where's Robin (LondonRascal) when you need him?!   ;)

Thank you so much Robin. Amazing how you did that so quickly!

Going to try that now - I was close last night but I tried the Media option on the menu on the Vine Videos button ... never would have known about the Special BBCode button.

So let's give it a go with a bit of shameless self-promotion of the only video I have ever put on youTube! :)

Jean.

Edited by JawsOrca
Edited to show imagine
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Hmm.. Seems a bit buggy... only seems to work when edited :(  Or not lol....! Just a bit random.. Hopefully it will fix itself over time ... but yes you just need to paste the full link inclucding the http bit and it normally picks it up itself.

Playing more.. if it doesn't auto display the image, RIGHT click the link and select "Remove link". Then it should show it when you go back in.. Strange...

Edited by JawsOrca

Thank you so much Robin. Amazing how you did that so quickly!

Going to try that now - I was close last night but I tried the Media option on the menu on the Vine Videos button ... never would have known about the Special BBCode button.

So let's give it a go with a bit of shameless self-promotion of the only video I have ever put on youTube! :)

Jean.

that was a lovely slide show, really enjoyed it , lori cheers

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Jean. 

You just need to enter the full link including the http bit..

It should show the video in the preview. If it doesn't then still add it but then quickly click the edit button. Upon editing it seems to work correctly. I normally keep and eye though and will edit to make the videos show if I see them missing.

cheers 

Thanks Alan.

Do you mean enter the url in the text of the post or by using the Link button in the toolbar at the top of the post? Or the insert image from url option on the Insert other media menu at the bottom of the message box?

I'll give this a go in a while once my second video has finished uploading onto YouTube. Interestingly I also don't seem to have the option to preview a post now which was always useful when adding pictures or videos.

• 1 month later...