Lowestoft River Taxi

I did think that Peter.. but you would have thought that they would have considering these first?!  Having walked that path a few times I can't quite see where these spots would be. I suspect they will be using the ibtc moorings Oulton end (which I suspect is a bit too far.. it really needs to be closer such as the old pier between the bridges) but not sure where they would land the other end... Shame it's not been well planned as I do think it would be really good for both areas and I'd love to see the docks there from the river. cheers

I asked via Shipshape. Reply as follows:-

"I am afraid not. We have a couple of final bureaucratic hurdles to jump and are awaiting some long overdue pontoon parts.

The vessel is finished and ready to go, so we are pushing hard to get the last bits in place.

We hope to start asap in the next 2 weeks."

The tidal rise and fall in Lowestoft is a major hurdle when it comes to embarkation. It's always been a barrier to previous water taxi schemes. Hopefully these problems, and bureaucracy, have been overcome but really these should have been sorted before the boat was built.

• 2 months later...

Oh all, just to advise I saw this yesterday it's somehow managed to moor just under the road bridge at oulton broad (there's a foot path there and it's stern onto the path).. We was in the car going over so not quite sure how gracefully you get your leg over the barrier there but at least it's up and running.. albeit a bit late.. Fingers crossed it's back next year as I was looking forward to doing that trip as it's probably interesting looking back from the lake there. cheers 

• 4 weeks later...