Thursday on Ranworth Breeze

ranworthbreeze

Thursday morning.

We had a late start and had breakfast at Bramerton, I helped Tan out with a few of the easy clues in her crossword.

We set off back to Brundall to collect my cousin and her husband; they would be spending two nights with us before spending a night in Gorlston.

Ann & Alan arrived about 2.00pm so we decided to take them on a trip up to Bramerton, the moorings were fairly full with a group of boat up from Somerleyton, I expected Alan to be amongst there group. We were quite a way from the electric posts but managed to get a connection after a few extensions were used.

A slow walk up the lane to the Waters Edge where we all had a wonderful meal; Ann & Alan had the pork chop with dirty mash and honey glazed vegetables, Tan had the chicken breast and me being my adventurist self opted for the sirloin steak, needless to say we had a few drinks and were well looked after by the owner and his staff. Nothing was too much trouble.

Back to the boat for a few more drinks and we introduced our guests to Rummikub.

We stayed up till after 11.30, dirty little stop ups compared to our earlier evenings.

Friday morning.

Raining again but only slightly when we set off from Bramerton; our intention was to go to Loddon but after the rain was coming down faster we decided to go to Rockland St Mary, the staithe was empty when we arrived at lunchtime, at least 5 Silverline boats came into the staithe after us, I guess many of them had called into The New Inn for lunch, we plumped for eating a light lunch on board.

We left around 3.00pm still raining slightly to get back to Brundall to moor at the Marina. A few games of Rummikub later we went to the marina facilities for a shower. We then went to the yare where we spoke with John the admiral & Jonzo for a short while until our guests arrived at the pub. I tripped over a bar stool and sadly poured a fair amount of lime and soda down the back of the lady sitting on the stool, after repeated apologies I went over to John & Jonzo, John of course mentioned I may be called another name!  Good old pub meals which we all enjoyed. Back to the boat more games a drink for me and bed.

Saturday morning after breakfast Ann & Alan left the boat just as our new owners arrived for their training on Ranworth Breeze. William & Dianna have loads of experience on the Broads being as they already have shares in another Syndicate.

We ran through the ins & outs of where everything is located, what it does, how it worked both inside & on deck even down to the location of the emergency tiller that is stored in the aft cabin wardrobe, it has never been used but at least they now know where it is stored and what this big lump of metal is for. Its use is when the hydraulic steering fails, the mattress has to be removed and wooden deck board to access the top of the rudder control where the tiller would be fitted. Its use would be with lookouts and operation would be like a scene out of “The Cruel Sea”.

We decided to go for lunch at the Yare prior to setting out onto the river for mooring practice, we arrived back at the marina around 6.00pm.

I went to Budgens for some milk and a couple of other items, the chip shop was open so I purchased a large portion of chips so we could have some chip butties, and needless to say the level crossing was closed. A few beers, games, a video & off to bed.

Sunday

Ian & Diane arrived shortly after 11.00am to have a look around Ranworth Breeze, we chattered and showed them around the boat and asked if they wished to have a trip on the river, being as it was close to lunch we stopped off at the Waters Edge, the owner moved a boat slightly so we could moor up, it was appreciated by us but the owner of the boat had other idea’s, if he had not left a space it would not have been an issue, On the Bramerton Green if the boats had moored with thought another 3 or 4 boats could have moored up.

Back to the Marina where Ian & Diane offered their thanks for afternoon out, we thanked then for lunch and they had a 2 and a half hours drive back home. On leaving the pub we put the canopy fully down and sat on the upper helm seats until the sun retreated behind the trees. I had already carried out a slight canopy re-stitch slightly earlier.

Omelette, bacon, sausage (using up our food that was left) for our evening meal whilst Tan was reading.

Been up to the marina laundrette, just got back, a cup of tea, apple pie a few games and bed.

Regards

Alan

• Like 2

Where's today taking you, Alan? We may join you if you're not going too far.   :wave

(And I didn't comment on that drink!)   cheers

Hi John,

Being as it is a dull start to the day we are going to go over to Wroxham, we have not called in to there this trip and I need a roll of foam and Tan wants to pop into Roys.

Regards

Alan

Hi John,

Being as it is a dull start to the day we are going to go over to Wroxham, we have not called in to there this trip and I need a roll of foam and Tan wants to pop into Roys.

Regards

Alan

We also are having a lazy day onboard. Maybe cruise down to Thorpe or Rockland tomorrow.

Do you know what NBY are charging for diesel just now, please?