Missing section of canopy

ranworthbreeze

13 hours ago, Gracie said:

Hi Alan, sorry to hear that, hope it gets found for you soon. Don't suppose there's many people out on the rivers at the moment, it's been pretty wet here, hope RB's cockpit keeps dry

Grace

Hi Grace, 

Thank you for your concern, I assume that it may have sunk.

I had a call yesterday morning from one of my fellow owners, I told him to stow the upper helm seats  cushions and rail backrests below. Any water on the upper helm just runs off.

I contacted Jeckells who are coming down to the boat on Monday to measure up on the section that is missing to offer a solution. 

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bobdog said:

.....  Even if you get a new one from Jeckells it's worth having a spare.

Now there's a thought, or is it a handed section, left and right ?

It won't be bogof, but cheaper than double the cost of just one I would think, (the cost of visiting the boat and measuring divided by two).

Just a thought..........depending on your policy, could you claim on your Insurance? It's not always possible to get a perfect match with just one section missing, perhaps then have to provide a whole new canopy. I should imagine a canopy, even if just a section of it don't come cheap for a Boat like Ranworthbreeze

Grace

7 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Just a thought..........depending on your policy, could you claim on your Insurance? It's not always possible to get a perfect match with just one section missing, perhaps then have to provide a whole new canopy. I should imagine a canopy, even if just a section of it don't come cheap for a Boat like Ranworthbreeze

Grace

Hi Grace the problem with insurance is in most cases there is an access and you weigh up is it worth claiming?

We may have to have both zipped out sections replaced in the aft part of the canopy to make it look a better match

The last time we bought a new canopy (2010) it was a little over £2200.00 for the canvas canopy made to fit our frames. This was the boats second canopy since its launch in 2001.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1