Today I have mostly.....

Poppy

..... been out on the Broads - this morning from Neatishead i took a run down to How Hill, back up to Barton Turf and returned to Neatishead.

After lunch I was out on a saily thing in a splendid and warm ( unseasonably so!) breeze on Barton Broad. The sky was an incredible shade of blue whilst the reeds carried a beautiful golden hue from the sun which was low in the sky.

It was beautiful - Norfolk Broads at their best - and not another boat in sight - apart from the other couple of Nancy Oldfield Trust cruisers.

Where were you all?? :naughty::Stinky:Sailing    :hardhat:

• Like 7

Today we've been mostly.....working....to buy the varnish to paint on so next Summer's sun can fade it all over again. 

You do remember those days, don't you, Pops?

(our day will come, as Karen Carpenter used to sing....) :-)

Maybe you'll still be topside and we can get our own back as we sail past your bankside bathchair.....oh happy daze :-)

• Like 2

Today I have mostly.....  been watching my new cooker arrive along with an assortment of bags and boxes containing all sorts of galley parts, fixtures and fittings. And then I got to watch them scratch their heads, search frantically and finally realise my new sink was not amongst the pile of new shiny bits now in my barn but 60 miles away where they left it behind! And so todays galley layout planning and positioning has been posponed till the weekend.

They really do need to get their acts together you know. We launch in what... six months? There is supposed to be bacon sandwiches at the launch... at this rate McDonalds will be cooking them  ;)

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Poppy said:

..... been out on the Broads - this morning from Neatishead i took a run down to How Hill, back up to Barton Turf and returned to Neatishead.

After lunch I was out on a saily thing in a splendid and warm ( unseasonably so!) breeze on Barton Broad. The sky was an incredible shade of blue whilst the reeds carried a beautiful golden hue from the sun which was low in the sky.

It was beautiful - Norfolk Broads at their best - and not another boat in sight - apart from the other couple of Nancy Oldfield Trust cruisers.

Where were you all?? :naughty::Stinky:Sailing    :hardhat:

On the River Yare :Stinky

And I agree Poppy, it's a fantastic time to be out, you can't beat it. I think we saw four boats in total (on the move) although there was a Herby Woods moored ar Yarmouth. 

• Like 4