4 Days And Were Off

Baitrunner

It's definitely green!!

it works and does what you need it to. Could do with a bigger fridge though. Although it was freezing last night so the wine was very cold outside. 

The rear cockpit is ideal for storing the fishing gear as well  

Just sitting here with the rods out watching the ice melt on the roof. 

Sun is up and not a breath of wind so shouldn't be any dodgy saily types out today. 

• Like 2

She may be green and Tupperware (some people are such snobs :naughty:) but she does what she says on the tin, she's a boat and she floats, what more do you need? as for the patio style doors for looking out on the river at sunrise and sunset, fantastic

Grace

• Like 3

Yep that's a nice feature. 

Money thing for people not so nimble (and I feel like that today) is she has high gunnels which seem to mean a jump down when Mooring and a bit of a climb back up. Ok if your young and fit though. 

The sunroof is nice but shame there isn't a little bit more headroom on the helm position. I feel more comfortable standing when I'm mooring. Getting used to it though. 

• Like 1

Years ago now I hired two of them from Pacific Cruisers Loddon, two families out for the week.  Those large patio doors were really good, we had a great week with the boats, they were spot on for two families of four, would I hire that type again? - most definitely yes.

Griff

(They are still green and tupperware though)

• Like 3

The main reason for the trip was the fishing which so far has been pretty bad (or maybe that's my fishing skills!). 

But things have now got better with a nice 17lb+ pickey. 

Sun wss behind me so maybe not the best photo.  But had to prove I still have it!!

image.thumb.jpeg.d44cc0a4d795834b2777290

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 11/03/2016 at 9:29 PM, Baitrunner said:

Bad day today as outboard isn't pumping so rowing is the order of the day. 

However, ventured up to Wayford bridge and andy (freedom boats) came and picked up the outboard to fix it and dropped it back to us tonight all working. Looks like some dislodged crap when they serviced it. 

A bit of scale or other debris had lodged in the tell-tail water jet making it appear that the water wasn't pumping. A jet of compressed air though the system got it shifted. This occasionally happens anyway, but we run the engines though a flushing tank that has a de-scaler in the water. 

• Like 2

On ‎05‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 8:37 PM, Baitrunner said:

Ha ha. Got to catch me first Iain. 

Being incognito we might be speeding around and running out engines at all hours!

more than likely in a coma by 10 and no movement until late morning:facepalm:

might just fly some boxers so you know it's us!

My kind of cruise :hardhat:

1 hour ago, FreedomBoatingHols said:

A bit of scale or other debris had lodged in the tell-tail water jet making it appear that the water wasn't pumping. A jet of compressed air though the system got it shifted. This occasionally happens anyway, but we run the engines though a flushing tank that has a de-scaler in the water. 

I have had similar issues in the past and I now carry a length of strimmer plastic cable to poke the wee nasties out via the tell tale, has saved me several times.......

• Like 2