Triple Mooring Thread

Guest ExMemberKingFisher

Just now, KingfishersTime said:

No I wasn't referencing any other forums.

Oh I see , in that case no but that said I wouldn't have expected it that would normally be reserved for the original poster I'm presuming .

I think we as a community are extremely fortunate to have such a balanced team of pesky Mods, in the years I have been a member not once have I witnessed over zealous, biased or unfair moderation. I had a post pulled once, after much interrogation, torture and humiliation (they were easy to crack :default_norty:) I accepted their decision

Seriously though, they know their stuff and grateful to all of them I am too and no, Charlie hasn't bribed me with a bottle of wine lol

Grace

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, dnks34 said:

Trust me for the occasional indiscretion we are all capable of the mods round here do a good job!

Do it on A N other forum and you will know what punishment for a cardinal sin feels like!

tongue in cheek of course!!

Trouble is that moderation on AN Other Forum went way beyond that forum itself into matters that were of no concern whatsoever of the moderators. We are just so very lucky with the team that we have on NBN.

With regard to Kingfisher's Time's original post I did read it and I did read it as being critical of the work practices of a certain boatyard. The comments were obviously honest & relevant so if were a mod, which thank the lord I'm not sir, then I would be in two minds as what to do.

I do agree with those that have suggested that a quick e-mail of explanation would not have gone amiss though.

In the meantime in having a thread moderated, badge of honour don't you know!

• Thanks 2

Ok, peeps; here's what happened (and I don't want any sympathy, thanks).

I hid the thread for my reasons which I'll explain where it should be explained. In the Moderators' Room.

Unfortunately my wife was ill throughout the night and I had little sleep after I'd hidden the thread. I'm up and about every day by 6am usually and intended to PM peeps and take all the other actions that we Moderators do of our own free will in our own time.

I then had to take my wife out to have remedial actions and have only just got back online.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Being modded can feel a bit personal on occasions but usually it's because someone has taken your written word to mean something that you didn't intend.

Some time ago I had a phrase modded, I had been referring to the time honoured slang word for cigarette in the Uk and the mod thought I was refering to an derogatory American term for homosexual.

On asking my younger family why the word was frowned on I was told that that word is a no no!  Oh well you live and learn.

But "Cigerette ditritus Lil" wouldn't have sounded quite right for the lady that used to play the joanna at the Ferry Boat Norwich.

• Like 3

Guest ExMemberKingFisher
10 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

Trouble is that moderation on AN Other Forum went way beyond that forum itself into matters that were of no concern whatsoever of the moderators. We are just so very lucky with the team that we have on NBN.

With regard to Kingfisher's Time's original post I did read it and I did read it as being critical of the work practices of a certain boatyard. The comments were obviously honest & relevant so if were a mod, which thank the lord I'm not sir, then I would be in two minds as what to do.

I do agree with those that have suggested that a quick e-mail of explanation would not have gone amiss though.

In the meantime in having a thread moderated, badge of honour don't you know!

Too be honest I wasn't being critical of the yard, more humorous. I don't see what else they could have done in the situation and given the location. It was all handled without a fuss.

3 minutes ago, KingfishersTime said:

Too be honest I wasn't being critical of the yard, more humorous. I don't see what else they could have done in the situation and given the location. It was all handled without a fuss.

I'm always being misunderstood so join the club! 

• Like 1