We Were Clipped On Wednesday

ranworthbreeze

Just had a message from one of our owners aboard Ranworth Breeze that we where clipped on the rear port quarter on Wednesday evening when a boat was coming in to moor at St Olaves. 

This will be only the second time that the boat has been involved in a third party incident since the boat was launched in 2001. 

Regards

Alan

Two such incidents in all those years is not bad going Alan. I think this type of 'nudge' is quite common and usually not serious. Some skippers, especially newbies, forget that they might have a fair length of boat behind them and turn/come in at too sharp an angle. I hate to admit it but we did it last year but it was only a gentle 'hello' to the other boat! I hope Breeze didn't take too much of a knock.

1 hour ago, vanessan said:

Two such incidents in all those years is not bad going Alan. I think this type of 'nudge' is quite common and usually not serious. Some skippers, especially newbies, forget that they might have a fair length of boat behind them and turn/come in at too sharp an angle. I hate to admit it but we did it last year but it was only a gentle 'hello' to the other boat! I hope Breeze didn't take too much of a knock.

Hi Vanessa,

We have been lucky. 

The skipper apologised straight away which was good, so there are still many good guys on the water.

Regards

Alan

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Liberty said:

Twice in 15 years is a blessed existence!!

I am frankly jealous :D

I have not told you about the the owner that went straight across from the moorings and hit another boat (in the early days), that bent the starboard rails. Another owner moored up and totally bent the Port side boarding ladder after grazing the aft port window frame and bending both stanchions that boarding ladder fits onto. At the time they were on the week before me so I took suitable panel beating tools with me to try and sort it out. One look at the removed ladder told me to straight round to the fabrication shop for them to make a new ladder in time for the following Tuesday.

This they did, I had to give two training sessions that week with out a ladder on one side of the boat.

At times we all make mistakes, most of the time they are little and effect nobody other times it can be a major problem.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1