Broads Beat Meeting Tomorrow

Wildfuzz

I can answer this one straight away, the current reported crimes are extremely low in comparison to the same period last year. 2 x reported thefts of fuel from vessels on the northern Broads but a large time frame so little scope for investigation. 2 x outboards reported stolen but these were on the North Norfolk coast and not Broads related. The plotter thefts were from the Brundall area in December, whilst no progress made to locate the property or persons responsible there have been no further reported incidents in the area. The only other crime reported was a trailer stolen between June 2015 and November 2015 from Hickling. So it would appear there is a lull, but watch this space as the season picks up...........

If there are any items of interest bought up at the meeting I will of course bring them to the Forum.

Tea and biscuits for me at the meeting :angel:

• Like 7

That's great news, thank you.  

Long may it continue.  I have now removed anything of value from the boat and only take it with me if going out.  It's amazing the amount of storage space I now have!!  

Well as I thought there was not a lot to offer at the meeting, crime is (touch wood) very low, no crime trends in Norfolk, however there are a spate of outboard thefts around the country so they may move here in the future. Boat Shield is up and running and offers a good service for crime prevention, hope you are all registered? Also of note there is now a SelectaDNA marine kit which allows your vessel and property to be DNA marked and a database holds the owners details if the worse should happen, at least we can reunite owners to property. Have a look of the Secured by Design website for more details.

There is a big push on water safety and general safety advice being given to 10 - 11 year olds by all agencies including utility companies and emergency services around the county and this is proving a bit hit with the younger generation.

Norfolk Lowland rescue will be out on the Broads this year offering further patrols and emergency assistance by their charity, previously know for searching for missing persons they are extending their expertise to cover water rescue and safety.

Lastly the refreshments were poor this month with plain biscuits and an instant coffee, a motion will be put forward for more interesting nibbles next month.:bow

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Wildfuzz said:

Lastly the refreshments were poor this month with plain biscuits and an instant coffee, a motion will be put forward for more interesting nibbles next month.:bow

Will post you some butter shortbread Stuart for the next meeting!:naughty: