New Broadland Village

17 hours ago, deebee29 said:

" The tepee will be furnished with beanbags, straw bales and reeds, pipe in bird song and other sounds to a background of rolling imagery."

Should that not read binbags? :coat:

Rose tinted glasses are, of course, mandatory. Since most visitors to the Norfolk Show are relatively local this does seem to me to be something of an unnecessary extravagance and little more than a vanity project.

• Like 3

Call me controversial.......And I do understand why there is a lot of bad feeling about this.

However, I can see the merits in highlighting what the Broads has to offer and it also seemed to (hopefully) share how much the Broads means to local jobs/businesses. Just because a lot of locals go to these things doesn't mean they are up on what is happening to the businesses on the Broads - so hopefully it wont all be about the RSPB etc. 

I am also sure a lot of "outsiders" travel up for this event too.

Maybe not the most ideal event to trial this at, but we don't actually know how much it has cost either. I would rather they spent some of my toll fee on this little extravagance than long winded legal battles and evictions.

If anyone goes to the show maybe they can report back on what the "village" was like and if the chance arises ask a few questions.

I'd like to get the full facts and see what it is actually all about.