Father's Day

Gracie

Stuart & Mike have sorted something out for today and have mentioned a few things that they would they would not entertain just to wind me up, some of them sounded ok to me, it must be an age thing:naughty:

Whatever and wherever we end up doing today it will as a family. 

Enjoy your day today Dads! its one day less of servitude and washing up:naughty:

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

An invention of the American greetings card market to balance Mothers' Day and turn a handy dollar. This is not to say it's unwelcome of course but a nice opportunity to celebrate dads.

Mothering Sunday is much older as I am sure you know, and refers to 'Mother Church' not your mummy. Servants though were given a half holiday to take a cake home to mum on this Sunday and so the meaning changed. It's probably in the calendar on account of its older meaning?

• Like 2

Whatever it is or wherever it came from doesn't really matter, My Dad has been and is amazing, I am glad for a day to be able to tell him so, he would move mountains for me, has always been there when I need him and is my hero

Thank you Dad :trophy

I hope you don't mind, Iain, but I have been thinking of you, you must be thinking of your Grace, have a lovely day :kiss

Grace

• Like 6