Some Tips.please

Well Saturady is the day I'm back in paradise.

I always fish on the broads, and think my handling techniques and general respect for environment is quite good. I usually fish with a float , sometimes off the bottom with a ground feeder if the current is strong. Do the odd bit spinning for pike and caught one 2 years ago , about 8  pound which I released in good health. 

Ground bait and mixed maggots are usually my choice . 

Im looking for a few tips , a crash course I suppose in getting more success. 

Also, is it worth fishing at Reedham or Stracey? I've always found the current too strong and imagined it's a bit salty around these parts and usually wait until I am a bit further from Yarmouth  Am I missing a trick here. 

Thanks in advance for any replies.

See you on the water folks!!!!!

neil

Reedham can provide superb feeder fishing. A year or two back I watched a gentleman of Yorkshire reeling the bream in. We were moored outside the Reedham Ferry. The Yorkshireman was fishing away whilst his wife was constantly scurrying backwards and forwards to the pub, first for a pint, then for a sandwich, then another pint, a bag of crisps, his lordship kept on catching, she kept on scurrying, the perfect wife!

• Like 4

A wife scurrying indeed. All relationships should be equal. Just remember this..... husband works and the wife shops, no wife has ever shot a husband while he was washing dishes.....and what's more, I love being married, it's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life....when you meet someone who can cook and do housework, don't hesitate for a minute...marry him, I did :naughty:

Sorry Neil for going off topic, have a lovely time next week, a regular feeding of maggots (for the fish not you) with a big juicy worm (yuk) on your hook should bag you some nice Perch

Grace

• Like 1

I will do the pub scurry if you scrub my bottom?

on the fishing note, bootlaces can be a problem at Reedham if your on maggot or worm.

Give the method feeder a go. It can be a bit messy but I love it. If your not familiar with it go down the local tackle shop and ask for some method mix ( it sticks a bit more than normal groundbait) and don't make it too funny to start until you get the hang of it. They can also sell you some method feeders which you will need.  

Tight lines.