Richardsons RC45 and RC35

i cant wait to see if there is going to be a sedan built.... Jonny ice sliceice slice

Come on Jonny, look back a few pages...

I have some good ones of the sedan but this has been put on a backburner for a year or so as we have just bought the 36foot sedan/flybridge/fishing boat moulds...

another sneak preview then

post-609-13671378163_thumb.jpg

post-609-136713781897_thumb.jpg

post-609-13671378191_thumb.jpg

post-609-136713781891_thumb.jpg

Can you really wait a few years for this...

( To me this looks a far nicer boat than those other moulds that they picked up on eBay!)

Looks a bit like the Tek Deck is going to be used on the side decks too...

Of course this is only an "artist's impression" things might change before they get around to these! :P:P

(Clive, is the sedan going to be 45' or 35'?)

Hey, you leave those ebay moulds alone, I have a new top designed for them, should be out late next year...

the Sedan above should be 36 feet long. :)

OK Clive, so will the RC35 also be actually 36ft when you get around to her?

I had thought that you were basically planning on having two hull moulds

and mating them with different superstructure mouldings and fit-outs...

I do prefer the look of your new models to some of those coming out from the other yards!

(even if a streamlined superstructure doesn't really give anything other than an aesthetic benefit at < 6mph!,

unless some hirer takes it into the maelstrom of gale force winds over a spring tide on Breydon )

Hi Martin,

yes the 'shorter version' will be 36 feet long not 35 as stated when the thread started..

I am not sure as yet wether we need a new mould for the hull or if we can make a plant for the transom and trim the hull sides down to suit.

All gel coats done and first matts going on today..

cheersbar

hi clive, thanks for the photos, im really starting to get the feel for the boat now you can see her lines and the space she offers i think as a 6 berth boat she will offer a lot of room judgeing by the picture of the guys working in the forward cabin. i see you have moulded the boat with the windows already moulded in!! i always thought this was left to the fit out stage and cut out of the mould to suit? the blakes and pennenet flags are a nice touch. when your at the helm of BV do you wear the same kind of jumper

as james??? :naughty::naughty:

Hi Andy,

I cant comment on jumper style as I have not seen it, ;)

The windows are not in there yet, we have just moulded in indents so that we can use bonded windows (no frames) we still have to cut the middles out..

There was a 'A' (association) Blakes flag there but it has gone missing this year never mind, I have another somewhere..

I can't wait to see the new boats afloat. It's been really intersting seeing the build step by step.

Not sure if this querstion has been asked, but how many boats need to be made before a profit is made on them? Also, how many seasons of hire until the boat will have paid for itself?

The answers to that one depends on how much you spend developing the first hull and superstructure as you can knock up a mould relatively cheap depending on design, quality of finish and strength of mould.

also wether your designs are royalty free,who you have building them etc etc...

As to how long it takes to pay for the boat depends on how much the boat costs to build and what you charge for it then you have the yard overheads to take into account..

The first design will cost the most, especially ours as it is a centre cockpit with a sliding roof and lots of curves, we also have the floor bearers and internal mouldings done for the centre cockpit, When we get round to the single level 45 foot boat we will already have the hull,some floor bearer moulds some internal mouldings and the rear section of superstructure with the deck ring. the trolley for the plug and the hull ring have also already been made so there is more work there which will not have to be repeated.

This has not really answered your question but we do it for the love not the money :)

Guest DAYTONA-BILL
Hiya Clive, if you're doing it for the love, and not money, can I borrow it for a week or two to try it out lol,

All the best

Baz cheersbar:lol::lol:

Very good :clap:clap:clap:clap:lol::lol::lol: .

Clive, have you considered building a high topped "flyingbridge" style with dual steering, similar sort of thing to the Alpha 42?. I think that would make it the largest "flyingbridge" hire boat on the Broads. Regards to all ............ Neil.

Yet again i can`t help noticing when the Sedan pictures make an appearance, so does Jimbo :lol::lol::lol: . I wonder why that is? ;););) .

I think he is hoping that I have chosen Richardsons to mould by latest brainwave. Combining the appeal of a sliding top forward helm that allows you to be in the sun, but with the benefit of a sedan to steer from when wanting to feel superior and all private boat like.

The sliding sedan....

Dan

P.S Clive, the real beauty is costs are tightly controlled by being able to re-use some former classics, but joined together they form a convincing ultra modern design

post-93-136713781922_thumb.jpg

nope dont like that cut n shut version no thought or vision

Jonny ice sliceice slice

Goodness Jonny... no need to be so viscious just because it doesn't have an AF38 bull nose!

This is the future dear boy, and I can just see you sat at the helm

All the best

Dan

sorry to go a little off topic here Clive lol i dint start it

Goodness Jonny... no need to be so viscious just because it doesn't have an AF38 bull nose!

i think if it did it would look nicer than having a hampton front

Jonny ice sliceice slice

I seem to remember someone telling us of the cut & shut of an Horizon to make a larger version!

Took a 36, cut it in two, added 6 ft to the middle , cast a mould off the extended version and then sent the original out as the first 42 footer wasn't it...

At least this time Clive is talking about shortening the mould...

As for sedan versions, well they may do well on waters with swing bridges (when those are operational)

but I do like a chance to be able to get to the scenic reaches.

But then sedans with patio doors may be more suitable for our "wider" members.... :P

At least Clive HAS to come up with boats that can get through Ludham.

But then perhaps not,who was it that brought Prisma onto the Bure....

Taller boats based in Acle is always an option!

(And if you want to see HIckling, then hire from Whispering Reeds!)