Hemsby Lifeboat Out Again.

JennyMorgan

Time and time again this voluntary organisation the Hembsy boat demonstrates it's unfailing contribution to holiday makers on our coast and inland waters. 

They contribute a valuable and vital resource to each and every one of us in the event of circumstances beyond our control.

There knowledge,experience and bravery is beyond reproach. 

They have, by default, by circumstances, become one of the most important emergency service, a unique service, within our community.

It should be recognised as such by us all. All importantly by those in authority who make little or no financial contribution to there efforts, but take advantage of their endeavours.

Perhaps i am wrong in my criticism. I don't think so, but happy to be proved wrong.

Andrew.

• Like 8

A smashing post and spot on.......The bravery, dedication and kindness this crew demonstrate deserve financial support from the authorities. Forget your movie and 'football stars' these guys are the real heroes and deserve so much more than having to rely on donations alone

I know who I'd want in my corner if I were in difficulties :trophy

Grace

• Like 5

The Hemsby Inshore Rescue Service ( Lifeboat) are independent, and not, as described by a Coastguard spokesperson on Radio Norfolk this morning an 'RNLI' lifeboat !!!

Still, being based up there in Bridlington they can't know everything about their patch, can they ?:blush:

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Poppy said:

The Hemsby Inshore Rescue Service ( Lifeboat) are independent, and not, as described by a Coastguard spokesperson on Radio Norfolk this morning an 'RNLI' lifeboat !!!

Still, being based up there in Bridlington they can't know everything about their patch, can they ?:blush:

Seemingly not!

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind comments guys.

with regards to funding, the crew are fairly proud of being independent and self funded.

whilst we don't have funds for the mind-blowing equipment / training facilities that the RNLI provides, it does remove a fair amount of red tape that can sometimes hinder emergency services.

• Like 8

19 hours ago, Wussername said:

Time and time again this voluntary organisation the Hembsy boat demonstrates it's unfailing contribution to holiday makers on our coast and inland waters. 

They contribute a valuable and vital resource to each and every one of us in the event of circumstances beyond our control.

There knowledge,experience and bravery is beyond reproach. 

They have, by default, by circumstances, become one of the most important emergency service, a unique service, within our community.

It should be recognised as such by us all. All importantly by those in authority who make little or no financial contribution to there efforts, but take advantage of their endeavours.

Perhaps i am wrong in my criticism. I don't think so, but happy to be proved wrong.

Andrew.

I am so glad that we have guys and girls, willing to put their lives at risk, for us water babies. THANK YOU i hope i never need to call on your valuable services.

The Wench

• Like 2