What's In A Name?

that works

31 minutes ago, charlesa said:

Mr Q I think that it is QUESHE !

Best wishes

Charles

Btw my work ethic had not been very impressive this afternoon having come across this thread. Great fun though !!

that works,especialy if he is fond of rough collies?

I don't know if I'm right or not but I seem to remember The Q mentioning somewhere a boat that he may have on the Broads called Sheque and I then did a brilliant bit of "Turing" coding to come up with QUESHE but I am probably wrong !

Best wishes

Charles

3 hours ago, charlesa said:

Mr Q I think that it is QUESHE !

Best wishes

Charles

Btw my work ethic had not been very impressive this afternoon having come across this thread. Great fun though !!

In the world of dog showing, when you breed a dog, you put your affix at the start of dogs name, when you buy a dog it goes at the end. Hence we had Hazelside Sanderling at Sheque ( her pet name was Amber), and from her we had Sheque Amber Glenn, Sheque Amber Crystal etc

Now all the normal Affix names have long since been used, so these days people use made up names ... My wife's name is Sheila.

Charlessa wins the Banana!!

For many years I thought it was an old family name, but then I was told it was someone My parents knew, but I have never found any reference to it being used as a name anywhere. I now have my suspicions it was:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Keren,

Qu often being used as a translation of the K, Ch(Hard C), KH of Arabic into English.

In which My Grandfather was involved.

• Like 1

Yes i've been asked to spell my Name many millions of times.

What Also happens is they reverse my Surname and Christian name, I've had to send an email to Edward Williams insurance every year since I've been with them.

and No i'm not playing multiple guesses on my Surname...

also My middle name is normally used as a Surname.

• Like 1

Just change your name to Queren Queren Queren.

Spell it once, no confusion on reversing christian and surnames and people will be too scared to ask how you got it! 

So if your a christian you have a christian name. What do atheists, Muslims. Jews etc have? Surely it would be offensive to ask them if they have a Christian name as they would not have been christened or have the same faith?

Do they have, for instance, a surname anda  bar mitzvah name? Sorry don't know enough about the faith to know if they have an equivalent to a christening?