I'm Dreaming Of A Wet & Windy Christmas!

JennyMorgan

I've been watching the weather for several days as I've a lot of driving to do over the next few days, I also looked up some of My old Haunts on XCweather, that puts AVERAGE windspeeds on Benbecula at some times over 70MPH, that means the gusts will be over 100. I was there once when the met office there recorded 126mph. The steel framed building was swaying....I was on the third floor.

4 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/forget_snow_this_christmas_forecasters_predict_gale_force_winds_and_rain_for_norfolk_1_4822652

Maybe we won't be sitting on the river bank with mulled wine this year! Nor going for a hoped for Christmas morning sail, I must be getting soft in my dotage.

A Christmas morning sail could be very interesting!

Never let anything get in the way of a good story, but interestingly not a lot of rain is shown on the sites I look at and the wind speeds being predicted are coming down from the peaks suggested some days ago - as far as i am concerned they can keep coming down, if only to allow the inhabitants of North Bay Oulton, a little sail just to keep their spirits up!!

• Like 1