New Too The Group

Wayne

Thanks for accepting me into the group. We are new to the broads and have just got our first mooring plot and am now looking for our first boat.we live in halesworth and our plot is on the southern broads. Just wanted to say hi and happy boating to you all 

• Like 5

Welcome to the madhouse Wayne! 

5 minutes ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Please let the forum members have an insight into what type of boat you are looking for?

Doh Alan...he's 'darn sarf' he will be looking for a good old fashioned woodie fitted with a Gin Palace breaker on the front!:facepalm:

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Timbo said:

Welcome to the madhouse Wayne! 

Doh Alan...he's 'darn sarf' he will be looking for a good old fashioned woodie fitted with a Gin Palace breaker on the front!:facepalm:

Oi, Fen tiger, wos that cackle about Gin Palace Breakers? I'll have you know we take great pride in our bowsprit and wouldn't wish to damage it by smacking acres of synthetic boat. It already has a perfectly acceptable roll in life, that of putting the fear of God into Mafi's of all sizes. In that roll I have no need to dig glass fragments out of it or constantly revarnish the sharp bit.

Hi Wayne, welcome, I take it the limitations of the Halesworth Navigation are wearing a bit thin then. Re widths of plots and lengths of boats, moor stern on, problem solved. I said that to a friend on Oulton Broad and now his boat dwarfs both his garden & his house, and those of his neighbours too!

• Like 1