Clacton On Sea Airshow 2017

Yep, every year both days so far since it's inception I believe.......Shame our council hold it on a Thursday and Friday so us poor working types miss most of it.........but I'm not bitter lol:cry:

• Like 1

I mean...what are these Essex types like eh? Someone puffs in a balloon and they hold a two day show to exhibit it? :naughty:

Enjoy the Red Arrows. I'm lucky enough to witness them practising overhead most days for a couple of hours. :)

• Like 1

Remember the first one like it was yesterday rather than 1988 ? to get the correct date if it wasn't, I'd need to ask my daughters best mate from school as she is one of the organisers. ...... But yes its a good 2 day show for sure. I'm sure its Thursday/Friday as its bank holiday weekend, and in theory the town is jam packed, so the extra coming to the airshow would more than over fill it.  Throw a sicky cool cat its well worth it. Timbo you must know the routine as well as they do then ,,,,,:hardhat:

Charlie

• Like 2

We have been to the air show at Eastbourne, a glorious day out with food tents, beer tents, even a life size replica of a Transformer by the name of Optimus Prime which I couldn't drag my boys away from until the Red Arrows showed up, what a spectacle they were, sent shivers down my spine. I asked if I could take one of the Pilots home, just to keep the kids quiet, of course :naughty: but unfortunately wasn't allowed

They certainly do us proud

Grace

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Bound2Please said:

Timbo you must know the routine as well as they do then ,,,,,:hardhat:

I can often be seen running round the father in law's back lawn with my arms out making jet noises...for granddaughter Gracie's benefit of course!

• Like 1

On 04/05/2017 at 6:20 AM, Bound2Please said:

Remember the first one like it was yesterday rather than 1988 ? to get the correct date if it wasn't, I'd need to ask my daughters best mate from school as she is one of the organisers. ...... But yes its a good 2 day show for sure. I'm sure its Thursday/Friday as its bank holiday weekend, and in theory the town is jam packed, so the extra coming to the airshow would more than over fill it.  Throw a sicky cool cat its well worth it. Timbo you must know the routine as well as they do then ,,,,,:hardhat:

Charlie

I only wish I could..........:shocked

I'm kind of hoping when we get our next boat it will be suitable for coastal work and I'll take it out at Yarmouth and navigate down here and drop anchor near the pier when the Airshow is on:Stinky

That will be a few years off though before that can happen.

Just now, coolcat said:

drop anchor near the pier when the Airshow is on:Stinky.

Been there done that but out of Brightlingsea in the past, on a trawler and also aboard a big Bayliner Gin Palace. But I still think the best view is off the Greensward, or even better from the old coast guard Tower, on top of the martello tower.

Charlie

• Like 1

I like the spitfire memorial when they are at Folkestone, as its on the top of the cliffs, they generally fly along pretty much level with where you look from, and without fail if any spitfires attend the show they always start and finish with a very low overfly of the memorial.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bound2Please said:

Been there done that but out of Brightlingsea in the past, on a trawler and also aboard a big Bayliner Gin Palace. But I still think the best view is off the Greensward, or even better from the old coast guard Tower, on top of the martello tower.

Charlie

Too many people for me lol!!!