Dog Pub Bans Large All Male Crews And Stag Parties.

thingamybob

Dnks34, quite agree, send a clear message but yet another working group/committee. No, just awaste of money. The BA have enough bylaws etc without producing more unnecessary policy and 'working groups' to waste our money on. Should the hire firms be any more responsible for the behaviour of their customers once they are on land, in the pub or night club than say the holiday firms that send them to the 'Hot Spots' of the Med.???

Educating these people that, maybe, not getting totally 'rat a***d' so they can remember the fun they had is possible the way to go. Getting the pubs and clubs to be more responsible and not just listen to the till.

IMHO we have a diminishing police force that do a great job and it will only get smaller if we don't report incidents but just moan on social media. Simple case of use it or loose it. Lack of reporting crimes results in cuts to police numbers.

The BA should enforce the bylaws they already have. i.e. Speeding, noise etc 

Broads beat are already doing a grand job of talking to large groups of young people out for a good time before they leave some of the large hire companies.

These companies are already taking boats back if need be. What more is required other than to get on with the job.

This discussion has only come about because of one group of stags that went to far with their antics in a family pub garden and effectively got away with it. If they had been arrested and put in the cells for the night plus ,maybe, charges brought would we have been happier. Probably.

Will the BA produce anything more than is already being done. I don't think so but it won't be cheap.

Colin:default_winko:

51 minutes ago, Islander said:

Dnks34, quite agree, send a clear message but yet another working group/committee. No, just awaste of money. The BA have enough bylaws etc without producing more unnecessary policy and 'working groups' to waste our money on. Should the hire firms be any more responsible for the behaviour of their customers once they are on land, in the pub or night club than say the holiday firms that send them to the 'Hot Spots' of the Med.???

Educating these people that, maybe, not getting totally 'rat a***d' so they can remember the fun they had is possible the way to go. Getting the pubs and clubs to be more responsible and not just listen to the till.

IMHO we have a diminishing police force that do a great job and it will only get smaller if we don't report incidents but just moan on social media. Simple case of use it or loose it. Lack of reporting crimes results in cuts to police numbers.

The BA should enforce the bylaws they already have. i.e. Speeding, noise etc 

Broads beat are already doing a grand job of talking to large groups of young people out for a good time before they leave some of the large hire companies.

These companies are already taking boats back if need be. What more is required other than to get on with the job.

This discussion has only come about because of one group of stags that went to far with their antics in a family pub garden and effectively got away with it. If they had been arrested and put in the cells for the night plus ,maybe, charges brought would we have been happier. Probably.

Will the BA produce anything more than is already being done. I don't think so but it won't be cheap.

Colin:default_winko:

I couldn't agree more Colin , the problem comes when trying to report incidents as they happen largely outside BA hrs and ringing 101 is futile , before this incident on the northern rivers there was an incident on the southern side involving 30 or so on 3 boats , now I spent 45 mins + on hold to 101_and still didn't get through , BA's river control went to answer phone as per usual as did Waverley river centre where the boats were from , had it not been for the manager at coldham hall having one of broads beats personals mobile number I doubt very much that they would have been met by BA and broads beat at Norwich as no one could alert them hence they would have got away with it as it were .

The biggest problem by far is being able to report incidents , its easy and extremely effective in an emergency but none emergency its extremely difficult and people will simply give up trying to get through and possibly not even both to call due to the fact its so difficult , this I believe is the lions share of the problem is the system doesn't work .

I totally see your point about just reporting it on social media etc , that does nothing , doesn't happen so much here but I see it on many sites where folk don't report things even when they can and then report it to various social media sites .

To me there's no need for a group to simply bat around ideas the infrastructure is already there to deal with incidents its being able to  relay the information that's the stumbling block .

It's not just Broads based this 101 problem. 

In the North East I've had occasion to report an incident of louts (grown up ones at that ) putting aerosols into wheely bins in the street through the night then setting fire to them causing explosions.

the attitude of the 101 operator has been a " what do you want us to do about it" attitude. With no action being taken.

The fire brigade on the other hand couldn't have been more helpful or greatful 

Deebee, personally I would have thought that serious enough to warrant a 999 call.

my daughter works for the NHS 111  and the number of times they get calls that should have been 999 is quite high, the problem is that although they have the same tools that 999 do, they have to wait until the person phoning has answered the questions to trigger sending out an ambulance, whereas 999 send the ambulance, then stand it down if the responses indicate its not necessary, I would imagine the 101 system works in a similar manner, that if your responses fall down a certain path a response can be triggered, but otherwise not, Also the 999 service is the only one that can get your location automatically, 111 have to ask you for the location.

Well the fire brigade turned up to deal with the fire (someone else had called them) I was woken up by the explosion. 

I'd seen & heard people outside earlier so it didn't seem such an emergency at the time but I wanted to pass on that info to the police but was met with total lack of interest.

As Wildfuzz keeps asking us...please report it?

Part of the problem I think is that the public is often unsure as to what incident needs reporting via which number. There's a quiz on the Avon and Somerset Constabulary website to test your knowledge of which incidents need to be reported to which number. I got quite a few of the questions wrong assuming that a certain incident was of low interest or priority to the police. Give it a try.

I think we are all aware of the crippling financial and operational restraints placed on our police forces unless you've been living under a rock somewhere, but I can vouch that the police officers I've had the good fortune to meet both socially and in their professional capacity are a dedicated lot...even if one did call me 'son' the other day, he got looked at over my glasses...and are eager to get on with their job as best they can.

Discussing problems on social media is not exactly a waste of time either as many forces task officers or civilians to monitor such.

Wildfuzz (Stuart) in his official capacity regularly asks forum members if we wish to bring any matters up at the monthly policing meeting which involves all organisations policing The Broads.

• Like 1